Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Computer help again please

I have just installed a small summerhouse in my garden and, my wife asked me to make it appear somewhat along the lines of a beach hut.  I have done all of that and I am now thinking how nice it would be to have the sounds of the sea constantly playing in the background.

I have found what I consider to be the perfect recording but, for the life of me I cannot see how to download it.  I am hoping that someone on here may be able to point me in the right direction to get it onto my pc.  I can then transfer it onto a USB stick and then find some way of playing it in the summerhouse.

I have provided a link below to the sound that I am trying to download.  I will be most grateful for any help.  Thank you.

For those of you who may be interested in what I have done, I have attached a couple of piccy's.

http://www.stevenvrancken.com/pure-nature-sounds-of-the-sea.html

No_2.jpg

No_1.jpg

• Like 4

5 hours ago, bluenose1940 said:

I have just installed a small summerhouse in my garden and, my wife asked me to make it appear somewhat along the lines of a beach hut.  I have done all of that and I am now thinking how nice it would be to have the sounds of the sea constantly playing in the background.

I have found what I consider to be the perfect recording but, for the life of me I cannot see how to download it.  I am hoping that someone on here may be able to point me in the right direction to get it onto my pc.  I can then transfer it onto a USB stick and then find some way of playing it in the summerhouse.

I have provided a link below to the sound that I am trying to download.  I will be most grateful for any help.  Thank you.

For those of you who may be interested in what I have done, I have attached a couple of piccy's.

http://www.stevenvrancken.com/pure-nature-sounds-of-the-sea.html

No_2.jpg

No_1.jpg

Do you just want that simple 2 minute track? If so send me your email address in a PM and Ill get it to you.

20 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

You can use software to make personal recordings of the audio from your PC, see link below.

https://www.howtogeek.com/217348/how-to-record-the-sound-coming-from-your-pc-even-without-stereo-mix/

Thank you NemesisUK, I have tried your link but I don't get the 'Stereo Mix' option which is apparently needed.  I don't trust myself with downloading older drivers in order to overcome the problem. I would probably give myself a bagload of problems. Thank you anyway though.

1 minute ago, bluenose1940 said:

Thank you NemesisUK, I have tried your link but I don't get the 'Stereo Mix' option which is apparently needed.  I don't trust myself with downloading older drivers in order to overcome the problem. I would probably give myself a bagload of problems. Thank you anyway though.

Like I say mate I've already done it for you, just send me a PM with your email address and you with have it.

20 hours ago, lockeyboy said:

Looks good

its copyrighted but there are links to purchase on amazon on the URL you've provided 

Hi Mark, thank you for your input.  When I found this item, it did say that it was a free download. Hopefully I have managed to attach an image of it for you to see.598d6798565bc_SeaSounds-freedownload.PNG.0d57d34f4813726fe7817a4e00cf39fb.PNG

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bluenose1940 said:

Hi Mark, thank you for your input.  When I found this item, it did say that it was a free download. Hopefully I have managed to attach an image of it for you to see.598d6798565bc_SeaSounds-freedownload.PNG.0d57d34f4813726fe7817a4e00cf39fb.PNG

I think its just a sales tactic to get you to buy it mate I too can see no way to get the 72 minute version for free 

1 hour ago, bluenose1940 said:

Also from the link I posted -

"Don’t have a Stereo Mix option? No problem. Audacity has a useful feature that will can record the audio coming out of your computer even without Stereo Mix. In fact, Audacity’s feature may be even better than Stereo Mix "

11 hours ago, Farqui said:

That's a great lookin' summer house by the way, well done. Mrs bluenose must be well pleased.

Thank you for your kind comments Lee.  I bought the unit second-hand from a chap who was buying a much bigger one.  It was nothing like it looks now when I got it.  I insulated walls and roof with aluminium backed bubble wrap and then lined the inside with T & G cladding, my wife wasn't keen on me doing that but she is well pleased now that it's finished. I had some repair work to do at the base of one of the doors and also to the roof and then I put some decent shingles on the it rather than plain roofing felt and I then painted it inside and out. My wife wanted a whitewash look to the inside rather than solid paint.  The coffee table and shelf unit were made from scraps of wood that were lying around the garage.  There is also full electric power installed too.  We are now looking for a pair of decent chairs to finish it all off. The final thing will of course be the sound of the sea.................hopefully!

You may be able to see progress via this link http://s761.photobucket.com/user/bluenose1940/slideshow/Summerhouse

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, bluenose1940 said:

Thank you for your kind comments Lee.  I bought the unit second-hand from a chap who was buying a much bigger one.  It was nothing like it looks now when I got it.  I insulated walls and roof with aluminium backed bubble wrap and then lined the inside with T & G cladding, my wife wasn't keen on me doing that but she is well pleased now that it's finished. I had some repair work to do at the base of one of the doors and also to the roof and then I put some decent shingles on the it rather than plain roofing felt and I then painted it inside and out. My wife wanted a whitewash look to the inside rather than solid paint.  The coffee table and shelf unit were made from scraps of wood that were lying around the garage.  There is also full electric power installed too.  We are now looking for a pair of decent chairs to finish it all off. The final thing will of course be the sound of the sea.................hopefully!

You may be able to see progress via this link http://s761.photobucket.com/user/bluenose1940/slideshow/Summerhouse

It looks great and you'd never know it's been re-purposed, pat yourself on the back.

The slideshow works a treat, thanks.  What a transformation.

Time to enjoy it now.

Nice work..... you've inspired me to give the old shed a bit of a paint job.

I bet as the weather has turned a bit over recent weeks you'll be glad of that insulation!

Hope you both enjoy it.

Sent from my iPad using Lexus OC