Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Isf to Rcf

Was in Lexus Glasgow yesterday with the brother inlaw as he is purchasing a new "rc300h f sport". Wish I hadn't because I sat in there silver Rcf with red leather interior now I want one but they are still out of my budget. Had the wife and daughter sitting in the back seat with no problems, boot as big as the isf.

The car is stunning, first time ever in one.

The sales guy Russell, was friendly and knew his stuff who was dealing with us all. He told me there white Gsf demonstrator will be up for sale soon if anyone is after one as the silver Rcf will be there new demonstrator soon.

Sat in the Gsf and started it up, sounds different to the isf, but I don't like the sloping bonnets that you can't see from the driving seat. You can see it in the isf and rcf stretching out in front of you.

Anybody else thought they had a sexy car in the isf until they got close to and sat in a Rcf?

• Like 1

Rcf are much better in real life than pics and vids, gets lots of attention though which can be annoying. Even had a fiesta st driver taking pics on his phone while driving behind, last week.

I wanted an isf for a few years then said xxxx it. Can't spend it when you're dead :)

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Yes for me Flytvr; the IS-F was my best ever car (by quite a margin) until I got the RC-F. That is now my hero. It wasn't love at first drive though; it taken a while to really grow on me 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Warrington guy said:

Now now dav . You know I love the red interior 👍

You arguably have the nicest ISF I have ever seen.

I secretly (and publicly) ogle her. You just don't deserve her. You should be ashamed of your roaming eyes!

And as for dumping her for some tarty red thing - I shake my head in disbelief.

😜

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mark6pot said:

Was in Lexus Glasgow yesterday with the brother inlaw as he is purchasing a new "rc300h f sport". Wish I hadn't because I sat in there silver Rcf with red leather interior now I want one but they are still out of my budget. Had the wife and daughter sitting in the back seat with no problems, boot as big as the isf.

Considering RC-F prices I am stunned people still buys RC300h Fsports... At first it seems reasonable, but when you realise that standard RC-F has ML which is £3000 option on RC300h, and that it as well can have ACC/PCS which for some weird reason cannot be fitted even as option... you start to realise how good of a deal is £35k RC-F. RC300h + ML is £43k, if you want ACC/PCS then your only option is Premier +£1000... So £44k. Now for £44k you can get RC-F with ~10k miles (if that is not mint I don't know what is...).

Now I am in same shoes - I would like to have RC, but not sluggish RC300h, sadly RC350 is not an option and 5L (fantastic) monster is a bit scary... after all you will have to swallow extra insurance, tax and other inconveniences... But considering pricing the only reasonable think seems to have RC-F..

• Like 1

I came very close to chopping the ISF in for an RCF carbon, very very good deal, but I didn't get the buzz of anticipation knowing I was getting the RCF, I wasn't excited at all also I backed out of the deal, I think the next one for me will be a GSF, white or blue, failing that I will wait for an LC500.

I drove the RC (300h) as a loan car for a day, it is a lovely package but it isnt for me. I'm 6.2" so there's little space at the back for one of my lil' ones (I have 3). If I'm to stay with the Lexus brand when I change my car next year, it'll have to be the GSF. I'd love the LC (in spite of limited leg room at the rear) however, that will be out of my budget still. I nearly committed to an E63 last month, but it didn't feel like twice the car that the ISF is...at least that was my reasoning....I keep changing my mind on what I want....grrrrr!!!!

4 minutes ago, Dar said:

I drove the RC (300h) as a loan car for a day, it is a lovely package but it isnt for me. I'm 6.2" so there's little space at the back for one of my lil' ones (I have 3). If I'm to stay with the Lexus brand when I change my car next year, it'll have to be the GSF. I'd love the LC (in spite of limited leg room at the rear) however, that will be out of my budget still. I nearly committed to an E63 last month, but it didn't feel like twice the car that the ISF is...at least that was my reasoning....I keep changing my mind on what I want....grrrrr!!!!

Know what you mean Derrick, had my isf serviced on Tuesday, sat in their rc f sport, I'm 6'4", no chance my son could get in behind me, we did try though! Looks like I better start Saving for a GSF! Plenty of room in that.

I am 6'2 as well ... the difference I don't have son.. and most of the time I am alone in the car so could not care less about rear seats. I did take 2 adults in rear seats when I had 24h test drive... it was ok for 5 miles, but definitely not for trips over 30min long.

Any children in the back should be under 5'8", even if you have a short(ish) wife in the front. Usefully we only have one son, but he is now 6'1" so family trips are short or delegated to the wife's Yeti.

Its nice to hear many more positive comments about the RC-F. I got the impression when it came out that the forum was influenced by some negative media coverage and the reception was a little luke-warm. I was wondering if I'd made an error. Now I'm sure I haven't

I hope more of you make the leap and see how great it is; no more being mistaken for an Avensis. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MNMJ said:

PS

My IS-F was never mistaken for an Avensis. Has this ever happened or is it just urban myth?

All the time, even had people getting in the back on a Saturday night and asking me how much it will be to take them in to town..........................:whistling1:

• Like 5

Never had my isf called a Avensis.

Comments range from:

Beefy

On steroids 

Mean

Don't F with me look about it

Who gives a monkey's you have a turbo, yer still half my size

These are regular comments made to me about the isf, so it does stand out and look the part.

5 hours ago, MNMJ said:

PS

My IS-F was never mistaken for an Avensis. Has this ever happened or is it just urban myth?

I guess that is more IS mk2 type of thing. I think I have even seen few IS220d taxis... overall mk2 IS has understated looks, but not IS-F as much.

In terms of RC-F I believe is it similar to SC - I remember Top Gear naming it worst car of the century, but all those evaluations are done on list price of new car. I tend to agree that for £60k (~£80k on today's money) SC was rather disappointing car, but looking at used prices they are quite appealing. Same for RC-F... I cannot imagine myself paying £60k for new one, but at current prices say £35-40k is it excellent value.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, MNMJ said:

PS

The lads at work think its really funny to call my car an Avensis, but no apart from them taking the mick no one has every thought my car was an Avensis as far as I am aware

5 hours ago, Linas.P said:

I guess that is more IS mk2 type of thing. I think I have even seen few IS220d taxis... overall mk2 IS has understated looks, but not IS-F as much.

I

vlcsnap-2017-08-12-18h08m58s295.thumb.png.afd2f57b78e5b7dd3c1667f5f3fc3b30.png

Edited by bobmc