Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx400h information screen

Hi,

Quick question - I searched the manual but to no avail. Does anyone know how to turn off that annoying "I agree" on the initial screen. I don't recall it being there always on my previous (USA) 400h.

and can anyone explain why on the maintenance screen you can only put in the date when you need to change tyres next rather than when you just did? Make no sense as it needs a crystal ball to be accurate.

Unfortunately you cannot turn it off. You have to click "I agree" every time.

To my knowledge, only dealers have access to the maintenance screens... and don't tend to update them.

2 minutes ago, DanD said:

Unfortunately you cannot turn it off. You have to click "I agree" every time.

To my knowledge, only dealers have access to the maintenance screens... and don't tend to update them.

No, the maintenance screens are available to the user "Info" "Maintenance". My service guys do update their bits but it was fitting new tyres that got my attention. I can't tell it the date they were fitted and if I use "today" it'll tell me to replace them tomorrow. I can set a mileage on the rotation screen though. I sometimes think that Lexus never thought through the design of this entire system - and my speciality was for a long time MMI (Man Machine Interface).

Oh well

• 4 weeks later...

Personally I never encounter the 'i agree screen' as I leave the main screen on the energy monitor and use my phone in a holder with a concealed charge cable for sat nav duties. I find my phone has much more up to date maps, is much easier to enter destinations and interfaces with my watch so I only have to look at it when my watch vibrates and lets me know I have a junction, turn, etc. soon.

I've also programmed the 'speed dial' settings on the car with my most commonly called numbers so I can just press the steering wheel button and then select a speed dial name to call someone , also without any nannying.

Audio, ac, etc. all work fine on the move and don;t need the 'i agree' screen to function.

I've never bothered with the maintenance screens as I just get it serviced every 10k miles / 1 year and check my tyres regularly and change them if necessary.

On 14/08/2017 at 0:20 PM, rynd2it said:

Hi,

Quick question - I searched the manual but to no avail. Does anyone know how to turn off that annoying "I agree" on the initial screen. I don't recall it being there always on my previous (USA) 400h.

and can anyone explain why on the maintenance screen you can only put in the date when you need to change tyres next rather than when you just did? Make no sense as it needs a crystal ball to be accurate.

I believe updating to a post 2008 nav disc resolves this issue &  allows for input while moving ... mine is pre-2008 so I can't confirm it but maybe someone else can ? ...

I have a 2008 GS450H which presumably has the same nav system as the original poster.

The disc I bought the car with (2007/2008) did not allow me to enter destinations on the move, but once I updated the map disc to an up to date version it did. I've got the latest maps but earlier maps may also allow on the go entry. I'm not sure when it was enabled.

Note that entering phone numbers etc is still greyed out once you get above 3 mph or so.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

I have the 2017 map update disc - it does allow the entry of routes etc on the move but nothing else. The original 2008 disc did not. None of which addresses the issue from the original posting though.

I recall seeing some hardware that could be put behind the dash like a usb / Bluetooth adaptor that would bypass the i agree screen - I had a quick google but couldn;t see anything definite - plenty of service menu 'hacks' that you might want to try but it's hit and miss with those as they depend on year, country and software version.

I'm still trying to get the doors to lock and unlock when i go in and out of park on my '57 rx with no joy so good luck with timing and pressing just the right invisible button on the screen.

On 9/19/2017 at 9:19 PM, Arharh said:

https://www.coastaletech.com/APPLICATION GUIDE REV2.htm these guys make what you want no idea about them though

Now that could be useful - except it appears to be several years old (talks about upgrades for 2013!) and the latest Rx400h is a 2006. I'll ping them an email to see if theyhave updated

Cheers

Daviid

Have you watched the demo video for that gadget? It doesn't actually disable the "I agree" screen so that you never see it again. The screen still appears but then the Lockpick gadget essentially presses the button for you so all it saves is the effort of jabbing a finger at the screen - a hell of a lot of money to avoid a finger jab.

15 hours ago, sorcerer said:

Have you watched the demo video for that gadget? It doesn't actually disable the "I agree" screen so that you never see it again. The screen still appears but then the Lockpick gadget essentially presses the button for you so all it saves is the effort of jabbing a finger at the screen - a hell of a lot of money to avoid a finger jab.

No I hadn't seen it yet - I will and then I'll email them. for updates.

On 9/23/2017 at 9:06 AM, rynd2it said:

No I hadn't seen it yet - I will and then I'll email them. for updates.

I emailed them - this is the reply:

-------------------------------------------

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately, the LockPick for your vehicle is no longer manufactured or available. At this time, we do not have an "in-stock" date for those units or know if those units will be available for sale again. While I do not expect a re-release of that particular item or other products for your vehicle, you are of course more than welcome to check back with us in the distant future or for any other vehicle application that you may have. 

Again, thank you for your inquiry and have a nice day. --

Alan *
Coastal Electronics
Support@coastalEtech.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So I guess that is that ;(