Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

34 minutes ago, messi said:

As you say, overpriced but what a beauty. And just look at those rear seats, I still say they're the best ever!

I've had 3 ls400's, 2 ls430, 2 Gs300 mk3, 1 Gs430 mk2, and now I drive an sc430, but I can still say, the Lexus ls400 is the best and the most reliable car ever made 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, messi said:

I've had 3 ls400's, 2 ls430, 2 Gs300 mk3, 1 Gs430 mk2, and now I drive an sc430, but I can still say, the Lexus ls400 is the best and the most reliable car ever made 

Couldn't agree more.  How do you find the SC430?  A friend of mine is in the market for one and after another member kindly took the time to give him a spin he's smitten!

• Like 1

The sc430 is a beautiful car, lovely to drive, I don't drive it often but sometimes especially on weekends I can't wait to drive it. 

I was going through a midlife crisis when I bought it, but I'm glad I did. It gets looks where ever it goes. Saturday just gone, I had the roof down, stuck in traffic and this lovely looking woman came up to my car and said, "my son likes your car" lol. Alot of people don't know what it is and that's probably because you don't see many around. Its just had a recall job done and I had rear shock absorber replaced. Sometimes I think I need a 4 door as when I go to pick up my little daughter on weekends to stay over, she comes with her bags and toys so that's the only disadvantage not much room in the back, but that's about it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, messi said:

The sc430 is a beautiful car, lovely to drive, I don't drive it often but sometimes especially on weekends I can't wait to drive it. 

I was going through a midlife crisis when I bought it, but I'm glad I did. It gets looks where ever it goes. Saturday just gone, I had the roof down, stuck in traffic and this lovely looking woman came up to my car and said, "my son likes your car" lol. Alot of people don't know what it is and that's probably because you don't see many around. Its just had a recall job done and I had rear shock absorber replaced. Sometimes I think I need a 4 door as when I go to pick up my little daughter on weekends to stay over, she comes with her bags and toys so that's the only disadvantage not much room in the back, but that's about it.

It is so different to everything else out there.  If I was in the market for a two seater I wouldn't hesitate.  For me the midlife bit is now history!  The motoring public generally know very little about Lexus.  I'm often asked who makes them.  I'm also often asked if mine is a 3litre, so I always take pleasure in saying it's a 4.3. Does your daughter like being in it!

My daughter loves it. She's only 4 years old but she knows a Lexus and Toyota when she's sees one on the road, when she sees a bmw she's says "look a Bmtroubleyou" lol. But she loves the sc. I keep saying to her I might sell it to get a 4 door car, and she says noooo don't sell it because I love it. So I'm actually looking for a very cheap 4 door car and I mean cheap as I want to park the sc up for winter too. Mine has the orange type of colour interior and I've had it resprayed Porsche lapis blue pearl. It was light blue when I bought it, but because the previous owner took it to Austria and back, it was scratched up to the max.

20170717_073128.jpg

20161030_153152.jpg

• Like 2

Thank you. Yeah she knows most the cars she sees on the road. Lately she's been saying she wants to become a vet and help animals. That made me very happy.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, messi said:

Very useful & usable post, I have no probs with my LS400 or  any of the others I had but I often wonder what I would do after this one (maybe I'll be buried) it always helps to read someone who can compare these cars

• Like 2

1 hour ago, messi said:

So I'm actually looking for a very cheap 4 door car and I mean cheap

then surely you will buy an elderly Ls400 ??

Malc

• Like 1

Keith Bowler traded in / part ex his 1999 ? one for £400 the other week for his almost new Mazda estate !

Where were you when it happened :whistling1:

Malc

10 hours ago, Malc said:

then surely you will buy an elderly Ls400 ??

If you do you need to do an MOT check at least. On eBay today the add with reg 'L903UEU' gives lots speel about this & that but not the slightest hint of the 'significant' corrosion on the underneath of the car written into the advisories. 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEXUS-LS-400-AUTO-1994-/332335212367?hash=item4d60b8e74f:g:5ZQAAOSwXLFZiKFW

well, I'm pleased they stopped wittering on about the exhaust being welded as an Advisory !

Quite surprised that it actually failed on some rust areas, in such a young car and low miles too ....  but hey, there we are .........  must be just unlucky I guess OTHER THAN maybe a giveaway was the lacquer peeling on the door mirror .......... perhaps a sign of some badly repaired earlier more serious damage at some time....  and rust now rampaging through the beast

Malc

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Malc said:

49 minutes ago, Malc said:

and rust now rampaging through the beast

Malc

Well yes, but, on the 'up' side it does have a torch in the toolkit, doesn't say it's a cree beam though.

OK got that

NB, What needs to be taken into to account when buying or selling an LS400 these days is that there are very few worth having for sale, they are rare. very rare, especially, within 20 miles of a seller or buyer...........