Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Reflector fell off!

Mouldikh

Hi all, had my gold 2004 sc430 now for 3 months. What a great car. I love the fact that it is rarely seen on the roads and is a real head turner especially with the top down. I have suffered from excessive  battery drain which I see is a common problem but will investigate and see if improvements can be made. After a weeks holiday in Wales I returned home to find that one of the front reflectors had fallen off. I have searched eBay, etc to find a replacement but have failed. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks, Keith

IMG_0152.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Keith it's not uncommon for the SC430 to have a security tracker fitted and that runs  24/7, it will drain the Battery after a week or so , also the Battery back up in the alarm on older models will corrosion and fail ....also causing a Battery drain.

Tracker tended to be fitted i the boot but that requires a full strip out of all the boot panels .

Does you alarm work ? Also does the alarm go off if the Battery is disconnected ( I'm sure this will show up if the Battery back up is working ).

If unsure time to get an auto electrician to take a look.

with your missing front reflector you could buy one from any country that has eBay .....or get a price from Lexus it might be reasonable :yes:

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your post. Before I posted my query I read through all the previous posts on this topic; there were quite a few! Hence I was aware of the potential tracker problem. I do not know if my car has one, however, I bought a new 750MA Battery soon after buying the car and since my last post bought a  CTEK MX5 5.0 Battery charger so I could effectively properly recharge my new beast of a Battery.

I am now monitoring the current drain and voltage across the Battery terminals without using the car so I can effectively see how many days the car can be left before the Battery cannot turn over the starter motor. If it is greater than a week that would be ok as the car was bought for summer weekend use or for holidays where it would be in daily use. When sitting at home in the garage I would just leave the charger connected and it would trickle charge the Battery. Thanks for your advice re Battery alarm back up, I will check this out. 

As far as the reflector is concerned I have already trawled through eBay without success. I have recently been in touch with my nearest Lexus  dealer to see if they could procure one for me.

Cheers.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mouldikh said:

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your post. Before I posted my query I read through all the previous posts on this topic; there were quite a few! Hence I was aware of the potential tracker problem. I do not know if my car has one, however, I bought a new 750MA battery soon after buying the car and since my last post bought a  CTEK MX5 5.0 battery charger so I could effectively properly recharge my new beast of a battery.

I am now monitoring the current drain and voltage across the battery terminals without using the car so I can effectively see how many days the car can be left before the battery cannot turn over the starter motor. If it is greater than a week that would be ok as the car was bought for summer weekend use or for holidays where it would be in daily use. When sitting at home in the garage I would just leave the charger connected and it would trickle charge the battery. Thanks for your advice re battery alarm back up, I will check this out. 

As far as the reflector is concerned I have already trawled through eBay without success. I have recently been in touch with my nearest Lexus  dealer to see if they could procure one for me.

Cheers.

Sounds like you have it all in hand or are at least working through it  :wink3:

Just an option on the reflector ...you could convert to the USA spec illuminate white side marks ....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JDM-Toyota-2006-13-Lexus-IS250-IS350-SC430-Clear-Side-Marker-Lenses-Genuine-SET-/352129824825?epid=657924731&hash=item51fc92b839:g:hSgAAOSwBiRZcrTl

Bob,

Thanks for taking the trouble and funding this US option! Fortunately Lexus Edinburgh have been in touch to say they can get a reflector for me.  It will cost £25 but I will go for it.

cheers,

Keith

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mouldikh said:

Bob,

Thanks for taking the trouble and funding this US option! Fortunately Lexus Edinburgh have been in touch to say they can get a reflector for me.  It will cost £25 but I will go for it.

cheers,

Keith

Not a bad price for a Lexus item .....money well spent over looking at that hole eveytime you go out to the car :wink3: