Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

USRS RR Racing

So many of us suffer the inner front tyre wear on our ISF's my self now included, it's costly and unnecessary.

For those who have read my recent research on the MOT history of nearly 120 ISF's it's clear that most if not all will eventually have this problem.

Ive looked into the Lexus OEM replacements but they are no better than the originals.

Ive looked into the cost of supply and fit of the Lexus item over the RR items and there is nothing in it.

Its about £350.00 

So I've decided to go the RR racing part route, all on here know about @Peter P18 and his car he is extremely impressed with them as are those on here who have driven his car.

For those who's cars are under warranty still as mine is can check with their local dealer if it effects it mine have said it will not and I've spoken with the warranty people who say the same.

My Lexus dealer will be fitting them for a little over an hours labour, you could get it cheaper elsewhere I guess but this is my chosen route.

So having spoken with @Peter P18 he has kindly agreed to speak with RR Racing for the rate of a group buy of 5 or more sets so here's the list so far of those that are interested so far, clearly once agreed the monies need to forwaded to Peter in Full.

@Toothy

@Mattmech

@Rusty Crobar

@Dar

@etienne1201

Just add your name here and for your info for those that haven't seen the full information here's the link.

https://www.rr-racing.com/Lexus-Lower-Control-Arm-LCA-Bushing-p/isfxlca001.htm

Big Rat

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

So many of us suffer the inner front tyre wear on our ISF's my self now included, it's costly and unnecessary.

For those who have read my recent research on the MOT history of nearly 120 ISF's it's clear that most if not all will eventually have this problem.

Ive looked into the Lexus OEM replacements but they are no better than the originals.

Ive looked into the cost of supply and fit of the Lexus item over the RR items and there is nothing in it.

Its about £350.00 

So I've decided to go the RR racing part route, all on here know about @Peter P18 and his car he is extremely impressed with them as are those on here who have driven his car.

For those who's cars are under warranty still as mine is can check with their local dealer if it effects it mine have said it will not and I've spoken with the warranty people who say the same.

My Lexus dealer will be fitting them for a little over an hours labour, you could get it cheaper elsewhere I guess but this is my chosen route.

So having spoken with @Peter P18 he has kindly agreed to speak with RR Racing for the rate of a group buy of 5 or more sets so here's the list so far of those that are interested so far, clearly once agreed the monies need to forwaded to Peter in Full.

@Big Rat

@Dar

Just add your name here and for your info for those that haven't seen the full information here's the link.

Big Rat

Add me to the list please big rat. Very interested in this.

cheers matt

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Big Rat said:

Its about £350.00 

@Big Rat

@Dar

Big Rat

Have you got that in writing from Lexus warranty - they are slippery little fish!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Arqum said:

Good to know lexus will fit them. I will speak to my dealer and get them to fit mine. Been with me for a year now.

@Arqum Arqum do you already have a set or do you want me to put you on the purchase list ?

Big Rat

1 minute ago, Big Rat said:

@dougie175 Apparently not common to the iS and Rc so I've been told 🙁

Big Rat

Hmmmm that's worrying, cant honestly say I've had any issues myself, after lowering and fitting camber adjustments front and rear and getting everything into factory spec I haven't seen any adverse tyre wear. Is it mileage related i.e they start to wear after so many miles of usage that you have seen a trend of MOT's?

Also any negative effects of these bushes? I'm guessing they are firmer / less forgiving?

Don't want to spend money on something I don'd need but also don't want to face this issue a few months down the line especially running 19's at £130 a corner!

• Like 1

@dougie175 It is a strange one but most ISF's seem to suffer with it on my car for example it's a 59 plate had 4 new bridgestones standard size.

These were fitted at 27k it's now done 42k, 4mm left on rears across the full breadth of the tyre, 3mm on the fronts but in the last couple of weeks both fronts now devoid of tread on the inner sections.

Ive seen it on a 62 plate with 16.5k miles, it's a very large bush that seems to be susceptible to forces on it that allow this unfortunate wear.

Ive not read anything negative about them on either the American or Australian forums where a lot of them have been fitted, yes they are a firmer material.

Big Rat

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@dougie175 It is a strange one but most ISF's seem to suffer with it on my car for example it's a 59 plate had 4 new bridgestones standard size.

These were fitted at 27k it's now done 42k, 4mm left on rears across the full breadth of the tyre, 3mm on the fronts but in the last couple of weeks both fronts now devoid of tread on the inner sections.

Ive seen it on a 62 plate with 16.5k miles, it's a very large bush that seems to be susceptible to forces on it that allow this unfortunate wear.

Ive not read anything negative about them on either the American or Australian forums where a lot of them have been fitted, yes they are a firmer material.

Big Rat

Thanks for clarification. Hmmmm well I could well be interested but it would be price dependant and funds are a little tight at the moment!

• Like 1

I just read this from somebody that installed them -

"There is definitely more chassis vibration. my steering wheel doesn't shake, my pedals don't shake but you can feel it in your butt if that makes sense. almost as if your rear tires are really out of balance but for the front of the car. i drove the car on many diff types of roads. driving slower on bad roads, the car feels rough, stiff, more interior rattle , the usual road imperfections i usually drive on feel much more harsh when hitting them. little imperfections feel more dramatic...a lot more."

Be interesting to see what you pioneers think after install, but for me, I really don't want to compromise the ride.

• Like 2

Mr Big Rat, please put my name down.
Due some new tyres in the next few months and would like a set fitted to protect them.
Also hear really good things about handling and feel with them on.

I showed interest in the previous group buy but nothing came of it:

17 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

I just read this from somebody that installed them -

"There is definitely more chassis vibration. my steering wheel doesn't shake, my pedals don't shake but you can feel it in your butt if that makes sense. almost as if your rear tires are really out of balance but for the front of the car. i drove the car on many diff types of roads. driving slower on bad roads, the car feels rough, stiff, more interior rattle , the usual road imperfections i usually drive on feel much more harsh when hitting them. little imperfections feel more dramatic...a lot more."

Be interesting to see what you pioneers think after install, but for me, I really don't want to compromise the ride.

I'd previously read this. Given the ride on my '08 is pretty good (albeit with '13 springs and struts - an upgrade I cannot recommend enough, and a straight swap), I'm not willing to risk going back to the bone jarring ride I had before.

I don't seem to suffer from inner tyre wear at the moment either. I had a full geo done a year or so ago at a place with a Hunter laser alignment which seems to have been worth the time and money. I don't think there's too much adjustment for camber on the stock setup, plus the car is quite nose heavy which tends to push towards negative camber. 

Good luck with the group buy. It'd be nice to hear your opinions. 

• Like 1

Just now, mrfunex said:

I'd previously read this. Given the ride on my '08 is pretty good (albeit with '13 springs and struts - an upgrade I cannot recommend enough, and a straight swap), I'm not willing to risk going back to the bone jarring ride I had before.

I don't seem to suffer from inner tyre wear at the moment either. I had a full geo done a year or so ago at a place with a Hunter laser alignment which seems to have been worth the time and money. I don't think there's too much adjustment for camber on the stock setup, plus the car is quite nose heavy which tends to push towards negative camber. 

Good luck with the group buy. It'd be nice to hear your opinions. 

The Hunter aligners are fantastic my boss did a lot of research before shelling out about 40k on our model. Its far superior to any of the others we have previously had!

If anyone does have a camber issue I highly recommend the SPC camber adjustments for the front and rear. I purchased a set after fitting my Meister R's and they seem to have avoided tyre wear

• Like 3

I've just fitted these last week, along with the RR Racing coilovers.... not impressed albeit I'm inclined to think it's the coilovers that have ruined the ride, not the USRS. Car is going back in next week to try and adjust the dampers to a setting a bit less like a slammed Honda Civic...

On the positive side, steering response and turn in is a lot sharper which is part of the USRS's task.

Hopefully you guys get a good result and I'll be interested to get some good feedback.

3 minutes ago, Pecker said:

I've just fitted these last week, along with the RR Racing coilovers.... not impressed albeit I'm inclined to think it's the coilovers that have ruined the ride, not the USRS. Car is going back in next week to try and adjust the dampers to a setting a bit less like a slammed Honda Civic...

On the positive side, steering response and turn in is a lot sharper which is part of the USRS's task.

Hopefully you guys get a good result and I'll be interested to get some good feedback.

What type of coilovers have you fitted? Most types are not really designed with comfort in mind just outright performance, its a shame as a large amount of people fit coilovers for aesthetics not performance. No one really wants a harsh bumpy ride really feel for you there's nothing worse than ruining a lovely car with an awful ride

• Like 1

Just spoke to Lexus Warranty and they advise it would invalidate the warranty. Can you advise who you spoke to and is your car covered by the Lexus Warranty?

@Arqum Arqum there seems to be conflicting advice on this coming from Lexus and dealerships I've waited for a confirmation in writing from the dealership who have again spoken with LEXUS WARRANTY AND YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT IT WILL INVALIDATE IT.

So where does that leave us, I'm going to err on the side with caution and opt out - for now until such time as my warranty expires, I think it's it shame as they do on the whole seem to be a proven upgrade.

Having started this I am quite happy to run the the thread with interested parties being forwarded to @Peter P18 

@Toothy I've added you to the list 👍

Big Rat

Surely it would only invalidate your warranty on the lower control arm anyway, not that it matters as you wouldn't be asking for a replacement under warranty after doing this anyway?

Toyota / Lexus would have a hard time not honouring a warranty or something completely unrelated just because you have upgraded some bushes on a lower arm unless they say this has only happened because of the increased strain caused by the harder bushes

• Like 4

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links