Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New to the Forum

Morning all, just joined the forum. I'm currently looking to replace my trusted old Astra and i really, REALLY like the look of the RX400h. I'm looking at around 2006-2008 model with a budget of around 7k. I like the style of it for one, and the fact that the tax and insurance is only about £30 more a year than my Astra (for a WHOLE lot more car)

I've been doing my research and reading through all the posts on here on what to look out for (thanks in advance)

I got plenty to time to l look too so i'm hoping to find a real gem, ideal would be <100k miles,  dark color, dark interior (not really a tan or beige person), no woodpack, SAT NAV/reverse camera and cherry on top would be monitors in the headrests for the kiddies but not essential

Wish me luck and I hope to be on here shortly showing off my new wheels

2 hours ago, Farqui said:

Hi David, welcome to the forum.

Good call moving to Lexus, have you test driven or looked at any in person yet?

Happy hunting, Lee

Thanks Lee, by chance there was one for sale round the corner from me but it was in a right sorry state but it was good to sit in one and see drivers position and let the kids climb over the back seats lol it's condition  didn't put me off at all which is good, plus i'd read loads on here about the amount of engineering that goes into Lexus'. If this one hadn't needed 4 wheel refurbs and a total crime-scene standard clean on the interior i may have put in an offer

Hoping to start viewing decent examples in the coming weeks

So this car that had a grubby interior was for sale?  It's surprising how folks just don't seem to care and can't be bothered sprucing up their ride in readiness for a quick sale.  If it put you off, then it's bound to put others off too.

Buying cars can be a tricky business so don't just take appearances as gospel.  Although much can be gleaned from the interior condition, also delve into the service history, previous MOT's, etc.  It might be that it's been well maintained and just needs a good scrub :wink3:

Keeping look as one is bound to turn up that suits you.

Hello and welcome to the LOC.

If you find a few which interest you feel free to post up the links for members comments good or bad, if you are planning on spending 7k it may be worth getting an inspection done before committing unless the owner is happy to get a Lexus condition report done before purchase.

A comprehensive service history is a must particularly the Hybrid Health Check.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the advice, as teh law of s*d dictates due to circumstances beyond my contol my 7k budget is now £0.00

Don't think i'll be able to replace the ole Astra now till the new year.

Bit of a pain but it is what it is

I'll stay on the forum and keep reading up on them i the meantime

Peace out