Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

System too lean error codes

2 minutes ago, normski2 said:

Bank 1 Sensor 1 is on drivers side for UK. 

Bank 2 Sensor 1 is under battery tray.

Is it the same part number do you know. I have ordered under Battery tray side, will it be alright to use on drivers side.

I am pretty sure you can use the same sensor on each side on the 07 model.

I'm sure Noobie commented on this when he did his 07 car.

Conversely I found the cables are about 2" different for the 09 onwards. The shorter would have been a struggle for Bank 2 side(under the tray)

James ... do you still have this issue?

I may have the old good sensor in my garage which I replaced when I done both banks - only one failed but I replaced both. Its the original one but definitely an OEM sensor. If you want me to send it out to you I can do which will bottom out the issue of the sensor being fake etc

I need to see if I still have it but let me know

Cheers

• Like 3

On 3/5/2018 at 5:46 PM, is200 Newbie said:

True

The sensors I bought for mine fitted either side and that was an 07 model. Length of wire was sufficient to reach both ports.

Bank one sensor is a very short wire how is the wire disconnected.

Similar to a HB3 or HB4 type headlight bulb. You have to press down that little tab to get it to separate from the other half.

Quite fiddly as you are somewhat working blind/in the dark as your arm obscures most of your vision.... so you end up working by feel.

Patience is a virtue doing this.

On 05/03/2018 at 5:53 PM, is200 Newbie said:

James ... do you still have this issue?

I may have the old good sensor in my garage which I replaced when I done both banks - only one failed but I replaced both. Its the original one but definitely an OEM sensor. If you want me to send it out to you I can do which will bottom out the issue of the sensor being fake etc

I need to see if I still have it but let me know

Cheers

Thanks for the offer, much appreciated if only you offered earlier LOL. I ordered a pair of new Genuine Denso ones from UK denso supplier. Will see how that goes and keep you guys posted.

• 8 months later...

Just a quick update. It's been a while but I did get this problem solved. It was the dodgy fake denso sensors from america. I ended up getting the DOX-0263. This is the item that the Denso Europe part finder was telling me I needed and had the same OE part number. I installed this back in March and so far it's been good. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1