Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Memeber / Advice on known IS220d Issues please?

DanATR

59 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

Lovely to hear your happy with your new lexus and looking forward to seeing the pictures after you've worked your magic on her. 😀

The advert on Gumtree states it's an automatic transmission.  I wasn't aware the is220d was offered in an auto . 😕

No automatic option with the is220d which in my opinion is a shame as I think the car would be better for it. I always found the gearbox unsuited to the engine and 6th was useless on uk roads. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Shahpor said:

An error in the advert since, unfortunately, the car was never offered with an auto transmission.

The top of the range sound system is by Mark Levinson.  It is the only optional upgrade from the standard system that was offered.

It sound well spec'd for an SE.

31? That makes you a kid around here. :smile:

Yep, Mark Levinson, thats the sound system in the car. I compleatly love it to bits. In the past I installed high end car audio equipment into my cars, so I really know what quality sounds like. One system I installed had around 3400W RMS. Peek was somthing around 8k.

What is the differance between the SE and Sport? I need to some how remove the 0.5k lag below 2k rpm lol. They should have angled the vanes to kick in lower. This might hace actually improvd the MPG. Are they variable vane turbos or fixed?

12 hours ago, peachy said:

No automatic option with the is220d which in my opinion is a shame as I think the car would be better for it. I always found the gearbox unsuited to the engine and 6th was useless on uk roads. 

Yes I compleaqtly agree. 6th is a waste of time. I dont even think 75mph on the moterway even required it tbh. unless your going 80mph then whats the point. Its just the turbo to gearing ratio thats compleatly off.

8 hours ago, DanATR said:

What is the differance between the SE and Sport? I need to some how remove the 0.5k lag below 2k rpm lol. They should have angled the vanes to kick in lower. This might hace actually improvd the MPG. Are they variable vane turbos or fixed?

I believe the Sport has a different differential which lowers the gearing a bit, making 6th much more useable.

Fixed vane turbos as far as I am aware, unless someone can correct me otherwise?

It certainly drives like a fixed turbo! :smile: 

Here goes the long list...

First, jet wash the alloys, followed by G101 and a brush. The jet wash them off again.

For the car, I first used snow foam (cant remember the brand) with a snow foam lance on my kartcher jet washer. Thsn jet washed it off

Then after this I used Meguiars Detailer Shampoo Plus also using the snow foam lance.

This all got wiped off using the Meguiars wash mit.

Jet wash car off. Dry with Meguiars microfiber towel.

Then I used Auto smarts clay cloth all over the car followed by Auto Glym Tar remover.

Then after this I used Meguiars Detailer Shampoo Plus also using the snow foam lance.

This all got wiped off using the Meguiars wash mit.

Jet wash car off. Dry with Meguiars microfiber towel.

Using Meguiars DA 2.0 machine and a cutting pad, I then applied Meguiars ultimate compound to remove most of the swirl marks. Although it didn’t remove all of them to my annoyance. Maybe next time Ill try more pressure.

Wiped all this down with a microfibre cloth.

Then applied Poor boys Black hole polish with the DA machine using the polish pad, and wiped off after leaving on the car for 15min.

Then I used Meguiars liquid wax ultimate with the DA and black buffing pad, and wiped off after 15min. I did this two times.

Then I used Poor boys EX-P sealant with the DA and wiped off after 45min.

Used Auto Smarts glass cleaner followed by rainX on the windows.

ArmorAll Extreme tyre shine for the tires.

And after writing all of that, I just realised I used the wrong cutting compound for the effect I was after LOL. I have Poor boys SSR 2.5 on me that I should have used for removing the swirls and scratches.

• Like 1