Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Reversing sensor part number RX300 2004

Hi all

A few days ago I reversed into a pole. The pole and bumper are fine but as I had somehow aimed the pole in the middle of the reverse parking sensor I have a broken sensor now. Since then and up until today when I put car in reverse, the car would make a beeping sound like there is an error. Today I have been able to pull the sensor out from behind the bumper but I have dropped its shell inside the bumper somewhere and the plastic shell is supposed to have the part number on it.

Can some one help with the part number. It's the sensor that is left of the middle of the car. I have seen these part numbers on eBay
188200-3600

188300-9060

188200-3582

but I don't know which one will fit my car. Can someone help? I couldn't find these on toyodiy.com/parts

Thanks

My RX300 (2005) doesn't have them installed and from what others have said in here in the past, they were never a factory fit but a dealer option so maybe contact a dealer?

Can you not perhaps get one of the other sensors out to get the part number from there?

58 minutes ago, sorcerer said:

My RX300 (2005) doesn't have them installed and from what others have said in here in the past, they were never a factory fit but a dealer option so maybe contact a dealer?

Can you not perhaps get one of the other sensors out to get the part number from there?

yes, I thought about it. They do look aftermarket as they are not colour coded. Just black in colour. But some indication is that they are same as Toyota fits to Camry. I would have tried to take one out but they are the type that get pushed in from the out side and then they sort of clip in. To get to the clips you have to take the bumper off  or get your hand behind the bumper and between the sold protector foam and bumper. I would not have been able to take the old one out without taking bumper off if was not shattered already.