Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

F-sport and non F-sport suspension

From what I gathered the F-sport suspension and non f-sport suspension are same ? Reason I ask is I noticed someone on a facebook group bought some Tein lowering springs for their IS300h F-sport, second hand from an owner that drives a 3 gen IS250 non f-sport model, not sure how the owner finds the handling now, is this a good idea using springs intended for a 3gen IS250 on a IS300h even thought is a direct fit ? As finding these chassis enhancement upgrades for IS300h is slim pickings to say the least  !! And RSR (jap brand) makes lowering springs for both the 300h and 250, both have different lowering heights and part numbers due to weight differences on both cars ?

whoever lowered their 300h must love the sound of their car grinding over speed bumps

why would anyone want to lower a car thats already low enough,i know the other week

i heard the palstic grinding sound as i went over a speed bump it made me cringe.

50 minutes ago, 200h said:

whoever lowered their 300h must love the sound of their car grinding over speed bumps

why would anyone want to lower a car thats already low enough,i know the other week

i heard the palstic grinding sound as i went over a speed bump it made me cringe.

Probably the same people who like to use capital letters at the start of their sentences :biggrin:

Seriously, a standard F-Sport is not that low. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Martin F said:

Seriously, a standard F-Sport is not that low. 

Certainly the RC300h F-Sport cries out to be lowered. Plenty of gap underneath

I don't want the car too low, about 20mm, the guy that got a f-sport lowered on Tein's is about 30mm !! Mine isn't f-sport, I actually don't notice if the f-sport is lower than a non f-sport 300h ? Only concern about buying springs intended for  a IS250 and fit on a IS300h is weight issues if that causes problems on the car ! I did see this, RSR springs for the non f-sport IS300h, lowers 10-15mm rear and 15-20mm front, the height does look quite good not too low

ave30_d.jpg

I don't want the car too low, about 20mm, the guy that got a f-sport lowered on Tein's is about 30mm !! Mine isn't f-sport, I actually don't notice if the f-sport is lower than a non f-sport 300h ? Only concern about buying springs intended for  a IS250 and fit on a IS300h is weight issues if that causes problems on the car ! I did see this, RSR springs for the non f-sport IS300h, lowers 10-15mm rear and 15-20mm front, the height does look quite good not too low

ave30_d.jpg.f46ae796de9493deca05dafbd9c00554.jpg

I'm pretty sure the weight difference between each variant (V6, turbo or hybrid) is minimal according to Lexus figures - like 10kg or so.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I have is250 lowering springs on my is300h. I was looking at the Rs-r down springs that are made for the 300h. But you pay a premium for them as only in Japan. So after talking with rs-r they said only difference is the spring rate on the 250 being higher slightly than the 300h. Which you wouldn't notice. Drive is still like stock and handling is perfect. These cars are that high they are more like off road cars lol. But mine now sits perfect :-) 

IMG_2249.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 years later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links