Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cars sent to wrong dealer?!

Ian J. Parsley

Awaiting my wife's new CT, bought clearly on a specific deal and thus a stock car, we are informed basically that the wrong cars have been sent to the dealer. 

Can anyone begin to comprehend how that happens?! The cars are allocated, loaded, in this case shipped - and at no stage does anyone notice they're not the right cars?

Doesn't really bother us in this case, but strikes me as incredibly inept. 

Unfortunately believable, surely as their aware it should be easy to re arrange/? Meaning inly a day or two delay? . I know its not an ideal world :sad: and will take longer.

my new ct got lost in the system even though i recieved the v5 ,breakdown cover started and finance ready to take payments the car was lost in the system with no one able to trace its location. When found it arrived about 10 days late. Great introduction to a premium brand :laugh: it does happen

• Like 2

As I say, it doesn't particularly bother us as we're in no real hurry. 

In some ways I can understand one car getting lost more easily. But sending three to the wrong place?!

With shipping involved in this case, I wouldn't think it'll be earlier than this time next week before it's sorted. 

I had a LR dealer order the wrong vehicle interior back in 2013 on a £60k RR Sport and was half way home before I realised 

They then insisted on swapping the interior with their demo and damaged the vehicle before accepting my rejection under SOGA and ordering replacement 

Unbelievably I gave LR another chance in 2015 before throwing in the towel and turning Japanese 

Hope you get sorted Ian and nothing goes wrong today when I pick up my new RC 

As I say, the delay really doesn't worry us and it really isn't the dealer's fault (one slight issue was we had already SORNed the previous car so it has had to be re-taxed, but they have handled that); it just makes the brand look a wee bit daft. 

I will gladly check out pictures of any new RCs in the meantime!

• Like 1

Not as bad as losing a car but Lexus Bradford gave me a car full of polish residue on it. Was in a hurry and didn't realise until I put it in the garage and turned the lights on. Vehicle going back on Wednesday to be sorted

15 hours ago, Muddywheels said:

I had a LR dealer order the wrong vehicle interior back in 2013 on a £60k RR Sport and was half way home before I realised 

They then insisted on swapping the interior with their demo and damaged the vehicle before accepting my rejection under SOGA and ordering replacement 

Unbelievably I gave LR another chance in 2015 before throwing in the towel and turning Japanese 

Hope you get sorted Ian and nothing goes wrong today when I pick up my new RC 

Audi did that to me in 2004 with a factory ordered 12 week wait A4 Cabriolet.  In fairness they called me to say they thought it was wrong while preping it.  Was asked to come in and have a chat and to their credit they offered to re-order, return of deposit, or do a deal on the car there (as they had already registered it in my name).  We negotiated, but unnoticed by them was that I had ordered the standard 2WD model and the one they had was a quattro so I was already on a free upgrade before we negotiated :-)

• Like 2

I don't believe that dealerships/ distributors/ manufacturers are that clueless. I believe that some ( but not all) "mistakes" are a try on. They find a car which is similar to what the punter needs and get that sent out to them from another dealer in the hopes of passing along a sticky car whilst awaiting a fresh shipment some weeks hence. It would all be in an effort to maintain efficient turn over. As a previous poster said, he was given an Audi quattro instead of a 2wd. What use is an Audi quattro in the show room if nobody is buying it?Especially when everyone one wants the 2wd? Space taken up by the quattro is wasted ground rent/showroom space which isnt paying for itself.

I share that cynicism and certainly I see nothing in the law that would stop them sending you over a stock car (one held by the UK operation with a fairly popular colour/spec) instead of a specific factory order if it were close. Indeed, when my wife switched her colour preference on her current car suddenly the deal became a lot easier because they knew they had a stock car in line with what she wanted (they were open about this as it cut the waiting time). 

That said, in the battle between conspiracy and *****-up, it's still usually the latter!

In this particular case, that clearly isn't what happened, although I am still mystified what did!