Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi everyone,

I know there is a wanted section but I thought I'd have more luck here - hope it's ok posting here.

I am again in the look out for a low mileage - around 100000k  ls430. Ideally a facelift model. My budget is £3000. Service history is important and ideally from an enthusiast owner - hence the post here.

I'd also consider a late MK4 ls400 mileage again around 100000k. Budget would be £1500-2000. Again service history essential as well as enthusiast owner !

If anyone is thinking of selling over the next few weeks then please do let me know. 

Thanks 

S reg on auto trader £800

id ignore the mileage my mk3 with 86k drives the same as my mk4 with 144k although both will require suspension fixes at the front which the auto trader model looks like it's already had done

6 hours ago, Docp said:

Thanks for the reply . Are you referring to the 400 or 430?

Thanks again

Both.  The problem with the 430 is it's more complicated than the 400 which means various repairs/maintenance may get overlooked or simply left. I was lucky to get one with full main dealer history and always garaged, so they are out there but it takes time and the need to travel (and often you'll be disappointed) Late 400's are becoming very sort after.  As has been mentioned, I wouldn't be too concerned about mileage as long as the history backs it up.  Maybe consider a GS?  It's something I may think about in due course.

5 hours ago, cornershop said:

Doesn't look bad at all does it, apart from the scabby wheels!  That would look lovely with a new set though.

7 hours ago, Docp said:

Thanks for the replies everyone. Have increased my budget to 4-5k for a 430!

That should get you a nice facelift model, 53/54 plate. Good luck with your search and we look forward to some photos in due course!

On 9/1/2017 at 1:42 PM, The-Acre said:

so they are out there but it takes time and the need to travel

Yes, every time with either the 400's or 430, in fact in the past (pre 2011 when I bought this) I have found travel quite a problem eg, If someone is based mid england, ie brum, there maybe 3 cars they notice on the market, one in bournemouth another up in newcastle on tyne & another here in London, on top of that a buyer has to make arrangements with a seller to view which ever car at a  time suitable to both & which fits in with working hours.....so its nowhere near as simple as seeing an add with a couple of cars worth seeing its getting all the other variables in place to see the car......on top of that....there is the added cost of rail fares which add to the total cost of the car, a buyer maybe driving back or coming back by train to brum after rejecting the newcastle car with a view to travel to bournmouth to look at the other when the bournemouth seller finds it convienient to meet, even when there were more car for sale and more choices to view all that was an inherent problem

• Like 1

Is there any specific reason you want one such a low mileage? as far as the engine is concerned they will go on & on........& on without probes, my first had 230k on the clock but it had been regularly serviced, I only eventually changed it for a different color, it drove & ran perfectly as have the other 2 I have bought since (current 174k)

49 minutes ago, dendonc said:

Yes, every time with either the 400's or 430, in fact in the past (pre 2011 when I bought this) I have found travel quite a problem eg, If someone is based mid england, ie brum, there maybe 3 cars they notice on the market, one in bournemouth another up in newcastle on tyne & another here in London, on top of that a buyer has to make arrangements with a seller to view which ever car at a  time suitable to both & which fits in with working hours.....so its nowhere near as simple as seeing an add with a couple of cars worth seeing its getting all the other variables in place to see the car......on top of that....there is the added cost of rail fares which add to the total cost of the car, a buyer maybe driving back or coming back by train to brum after rejecting the newcastle car with a view to travel to bournmouth to look at the other when the bournemouth seller finds it convienient to meet, even when there were more car for sale and more choices to view all that was an inherent problem

It's a real problem, as I found when looking for my LS400. All of a sudden you realise you've spent hundreds on just looking for one.

I know, I just had look on eBay, this car (if a buyer likes the color) seems ok but needs a mechi estimate (without seeing it) on a minumum cost of sorting out the leak from the power steering pipes.......other than that it seems a solid car well worth looking at, but, not stated as to whereabouts it is

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-LS-400-1992-Auto-/202038680282?hash=item2f0a719ada:g:JbAAAOSwXCNZlEHq

8 hours ago, dendonc said:

I once traveled from Sussex to Birmingham to view an LS400 which turned out to be good.  I actually enjoyed the train journey with my wife when it was time to pick it up. Had it been a duffer I'd have been really annoyed!  Fortunately my current one was in Guildford which is only 40 mins.  This will always be the problem with rare cars, the need to cover some miles to find them.

19 minutes ago, The-Acre said:

Fortunately my current one was in Guildford which is only 40 mins.

So is my current, just outside Guildford........Ive never had a bad one but I did reject seeing quite a few when I started questioning the sellers by eBay PM.......that is when there were 'quite a few' around, although that one I linked seemed good.

20 hours ago, dendonc said:

Is there any specific reason you want one such a low mileage? as far as the engine is concerned they will go on & on........& on without probes, my first had 230k on the clock but it had been regularly serviced, I only eventually changed it for a different color, it drove & ran perfectly as have the other 2 I have bought since (current 174k)

Mileage wise - the main reason is although the engine etc will be fine - the suspension / chassis will be getting on so gives me a bit more room before replacing things. The other reason is purely psychological!

12 hours ago, The-Acre said:

I once traveled from Sussex to Birmingham to view an LS400 which turned out to be good.  I actually enjoyed the train journey with my wife when it was time to pick it up. Had it been a duffer I'd have been really annoyed!  Fortunately my current one was in Guildford which is only 40 mins.  This will always be the problem with rare cars, the need to cover some miles to find them.

Yes - I don't mind traveling all all. For my previous 430 it was 3 trains and most way across the country. Hence why I'd much rather buy from a enthusiast as I think they are far more reliable than a trader in terms of the car being as described.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links