Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

22 hours ago, dendonc said:

It is a lovely car & no advisories at all on the underneath, but, I wonder why it only has 33,683 on it, If I were in the market for one I would definatly go see that one, seems to be the 'Moses Gate' bolton area, looking at that & knowing me I guess it would heading down the M6 later today & back to rainy London

I went to see it last week. Little service history and no evidence of cambelt change. They said it was sold. A guy gave a £500 non returnable deposit but sale dependent on condition of his p/x. As others have said, they have lots for sale on their website and AutoTrader but most are sold. I offered the original £6995 if the sale falls through.

26 minutes ago, stevet said:

and no evidence of cambelt change.

That sounds really dodgy for such an important, expensive job, that kind of misleading crap, to me, would mean give him a miss, but I have never heard of them not having the last change label stuck on the engine somewhere

2 hours ago, stevet said:

I went to see it last week. Little service history and no evidence of cambelt change. They said it was sold. A guy gave a £500 non returnable deposit but sale dependent on condition of his p/x. As others have said, they have lots for sale on their website and AutoTrader but most are sold. I offered the original £6995 if the sale falls through.

Thanks for the information. No service hx puts me off 

On 09/09/2017 at 8:34 AM, Eame64 said:

Avantime pics please.

There you go, the car down at Sennen beach.  I had it for over 4 years and it never let me down once.  Second best car I've ever owned, however I sadly sold ita few weeks ago.  It was a toss up between that and my MX5.  I kept the MX as it's far easier to look after and I think the Avi has for the time being had it's day.

Nothing of course beats my LS!

AVi 1.JPG

Avi 3.JPG

MX5 Tim.JPG

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Eame64 said:

Thats a great looking Avantime,pictured at lovely Sennen beach which we know well.

And where I shall be next week!  Wonderful beach, and thankfully Sennen is still unspoiled.

22 minutes ago, The-Acre said:

And where I shall be next week!  Wonderful beach, and thankfully Sennen is still unspoiled.

You lucky devil. Keep trying to get the wife to spend some time in Mousehole. I think she's coming round to my way of thinking.

20 minutes ago, Bluesman said:

You lucky devil. Keep trying to get the wife to spend some time in Mousehole. I think she's coming round to my way of thinking.

Sorry to rub it in Mike but we're also staying in Mousehole!  We've got three nights at the Old Coastguard, do you know it?  Not the cheapest place but we have a room overlooking the sea out to St Michaels Mount  (It wasn't named after you was it?!!)

5 hours ago, The-Acre said:

Sorry to rub it in Mike but we're also staying in Mousehole!  We've got three nights at the Old Coastguard, do you know it?  Not the cheapest place but we have a room overlooking the sea out to St Michaels Mount  (It wasn't named after you was it?!!)

Had a few meals over the years in there very nice. St Michaels Mount? I would like to say yes but it's named after Le Mont-Saint-Michel  in Normandy. Lots of fog forecast for the next 10 days but try and enjoy yourselves.

7 hours ago, The-Acre said:

A pint or four in the Old Success eh?  When I was down a few weeks ago,the beach would be packed but hardly a soul in the pub at 4.30pm.  Managed to get the widow seat in the corner for an early dinner. Powering out the Cove is particularly enjoyable! Like Malc in Scotland I didn't see another LS on the drive down from Sheffield, two weeks and in Cornwall and back again.  Have a great time.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Bluesman said:

Had a few meals over the years in there very nice. St Michaels Mount? I would like to say yes but it's named after Le Mont-Saint-Michel  in Normandy. Lots of fog forecast for the next 10 days but try and enjoy yourselves.

I always enjoy Cornwall, regardless of the weather.  I'd love to take the Lexus but we have the dog. Anyway, you know what it's like parking an LS in Mousehole, especially in the harbour carpark.  I did it once in my LS400, that was scary. 

2 hours ago, The-Acre said:

I always enjoy Cornwall, regardless of the weather.  I'd love to take the Lexus but we have the dog. Anyway, you know what it's like parking an LS in Mousehole, especially in the harbour carpark.  I did it once in my LS400, that was scary. 

The place we stay at has private parking next to the cottage.

7 hours ago, The-Acre said:

I'd love to take the Lexus but we have the dog

I use these (link), but, with a dog the size of that goldi (in photo) the attachment straps to the back head rests would break, so what I do is to cut them off with enough left to cover the back and then attach a full (uncut) hammock to the back (as seen in photo) and that then covers the whole seat, the remainder from the one I cut is then put across the floor & the whole back area is covered, it works very well.

http://ebay.eu/2eXe631

59 minutes ago, dendonc said:

I use these (link), but, with a dog the size of that goldi (in photo) the attachment straps to the back head rests would break, so what I do is to cut them off with enough left to cover the back and then attach a full (uncut) hammock to the back (as seen in photo) and that then covers the whole seat, the remainder from the one I cut is then put across the floor & the whole back area is covered, it works very well.

http://ebay.eu/2eXe631

On this occasion practicality has won as my estate has a built in dog guard, and being a greyhound she needs lots of space!  I may consider getting one for shorter trips though. Thanks for the link.

17 hours ago, The-Acre said:

You haven't mentioned beautiful Minnack theatre and porthcurno beach always a must see.

Also had one of the best pasties in mousehole.

We always stay at Praa sands which is another great beach.

1 hour ago, Eame64 said:

You haven't mentioned beautiful Minnack theatre and porthcurno beach always a must see.

Also had one of the best pasties in mousehole.

We always stay at Praa sands which is another great beach.

Ah yes, we watched a play at the Minnack a couple of years ago, a calm sunny day as well! And Porthcurno is of course stunning.