Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LS460 went in for some bits to be done

On 9/1/2017 at 9:04 PM, KentIS300 said:

Hello all,

So the car went in yesterday to have new front disks and pads fitted (again) the previous owner had them changed about 8000miles ago but they were warped and the car was pulling to the left.

I did say to the dealership to look for binding callipers,they said everything was working well ... (could not see why it was pulling to the left without pressing on brakes) they said it would be tyres and tracking, I installed brand new bridgestone Potenza's S001 on the front and also did a 4-way tracking and still was pulling to the left.

Since they replaced the brakes, everything is working well... I opted to have them done by the dealership as the cost was not much only £350 all in. And also I get the 12 month parts warranty plus if it is the calliper causing the whole problem then they will own up to it and put it under the extended warranty.

In the meantime the dealership have replaced under the extended warranty the rear differential seal as it was leaking a bit of oil, they had one in stock but they did not like the shape of it before they remove it from the packaging therefore they ordered a new one and changed it this morning.

While the car was in the garage I asked them to have a look at something strange that had developed, I assumed it would just be the case of an adjustment?.... the glovebox dropped a few mm ... therefore it now bounces when it is in the closed position. No rattle sound... just annoying to catch with the corner of your eye.
The dealership mentioned something about a service bulletin and that there is no adjustment that can take place. Therefore the mechanism has to be replaced. I said OK, have a look maybe with the warranty people and see what happens.

Apparently the warranty people had to come today to the garage to inspect the glovebox due to the high cost of the repair before they consider the claim... I then asked what is the cost? I then was told just over £3,000!!!!
Anyhow I expect an answer next week hopefully.

Just make sure you look after your gloveboxes! lol :D

Cheers

Hi

How do you find the Bridgestone Potenzas?

• 1 month later...
On 19/01/2018 at 3:49 PM, harrylime said:

Hi

How do you find the Bridgestone Potenzas?

They are good tyres.

I have just installed them on my BMW 645Ci and they are excellent especially on the wet.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Vasilis

as mentioned by a member this glove box fault is a common issue after a number of years.  It is down to wear of the catch mechanism.  Lexus changed the catch on the newer LS from a horizontal arrangement to a vertical arrangement to stop this dropping of the glove box lid by a fe mm.   I found the original fix on You Tube, just type in LS460 glove box fix to watch it.  The cable tie fix does work but you have to use the biggest cable tie there is to effectively wedge the lid when you slam it shut.  

My photos show where the cable tie needs to go.  You can see the before and after by virtue of the seam line of the lid to the dash. 

Steve

Glovebox 3.jpg

Glovebox 2.jpg

Glovebox 1.jpg

Glovebox 4.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Mark,  there were two reasons I didn't proceed with  seat back picnic tables.  It wasn't that i didn't  install them but as a prototype I didn't feel the end result was worthy of my car's interior.  The second more crucial reason was there was a small head rest motor that was causing an obstruction which wouldn't allow the table to close fully.  Rather than remove the motor I decided not to proceed.  I had a donor seat back to experiment on during the build process.

I did think if Lexus had ever designed a table it might have been loosely based a similar idea  but of course using  Computer Aided Design they would have done a superior job of it.     It was only because in the past I had cars previously fitted with tables.  One of my  Jaguar's and 3 of my Bentley cars.  Silly really because they got little use,  they just looked nice.     You can see why my efforts were miles behind a manufacturers engineered marvels.  The Jaguar and Bentley were once  mine. 

IMG_0191rearint1.jpg

t.jpg

SAM_0872.jpg

SAM_0871.jpg

SAM_0869.jpg

SAM_0866.jpg

• Like 1