Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

replacement Lexus logo on airfilter cover

Ohoopee

I have a 2001 Lexus IS 200 that I have had a lot of work done one...I want to keep it pretty much standard/out of factory and I know have it running great and can move on to some of the cosmetic things.  When I bought the lexus, it had the lexus Logo on the air filter cover.

It can be seen clearly in this picture, just behind where the breather connects into the engine and behind the oil dipstick.

2002%20Lexus%20IS200%20SE%20Engine%20Bay

When I had my car serviced the last time, it disappeared...it took me a few days to discover it was gone, when I did I went back to shop.  He claimed that he gave all the plastic parts a good clean and it must have just fallen off...needless to say I would like to replace it.  I have had a quick search around the internet but can't find one so I must be calling it by the wrong name.  Anybody know where I can get one of these?

• Like 2

The badge on the engine cover is a perfect fit to replace the one on the steering wheel... That would make the "it must've just fallen off" excuse sound even more dubious to me.

Does anyone own an IS where it was serviced?

• Like 1

The picture is a stock photo I found...I just wanted to make sure you guys could see which badge I was talking about.  Yes I think it is very likely that the garage stole my badge but I have no proof.  If I have to order the whole engine cover, I might just try the scrap yards and see if I can find a badge or even the whole filter cover.  I just thought I could buy one.  Any idea what would be the best adhesive to make sure it says stuck and doesn't get stolen again?

As suggested, you could get a used engine cover on eBay (with badge) for 15 quid delivered. Seems a good option.

I can't imagine it was worth stealing to be honest, and would be inclined to accept that it may have fallen off. That's not to say it wasn't most likely found, and then binned when they had no idea where it came from

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

• 2 weeks later...

I was going to say try scrap yards, glad you found one. 
100% it was stolen, that badge can't come off simply by rubbing over it. 
It took me some effort getting mine off with a screwdriver! 
I would use Epoxy Resin to stick the new badge in.