Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I'M BACK......hopefully.......

Well after a few months off, recovering from 460 ownership, I'm back to a 430.....

My southern Lexus inspection technician (my brother actually) is examining a nice example tomorrow and if it lives up to the hype it will be the latest mode of transport....

I'm not saying anything else, I don't want to jinx it.....

• Like 2

See this thread....

Irrespective of the faults the 460 IMHO is NOT a Lexus, it is Lexus's copy of a BMW or Merc, the 430 "feels" like an early LS400 and that's what I want, a good 460 is a great car, sadly just not a Lexus..... 

Personally I would go check out this 400 rather than take a chance on a few air suspension probs........................the MOT history shows no serious advisories  that have not been dealt with at all ever, sounds like it would look better with some paintwork touch ups, but thats all......(worcester)

£1,270.00

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-LS400-V8-Auto-/172868719455?hash=item283fc7535f:g:PdMAAOSwwrtZvZAZ

11 hours ago, dendonc said:

Personally I would go check out this 400 rather than take a chance on a few air suspension probs........................the MOT history shows no serious advisories  that have not been dealt with at all ever, sounds like it would look better with some paintwork touch ups, but thats all......(worcester)

£1,270.00

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-LS400-V8-Auto-/172868719455?hash=item283fc7535f:g:PdMAAOSwwrtZvZAZ

Depending on the reserve, that might be worth a punt for someone looking for an LS400.

11 hours ago, dendonc said:

£1,270.00

"Cam belt changed in 2002" is slightly worrying, for complete peace of mind that's a £500.00 expenditure immediately.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

"Cam belt changed in 2002" is slightly worrying, for complete peace of mind that's a £500.00 expenditure immediately.

I agree, it needs changing ASP, if it were me I would buy a cambelt kit from the same seller I bought my last kit from, drive it from worcester and get my indi to change the belt, water pump & tensioners etc Ive been with my indi a long time & get 'mates rates'......I think the cambelt kit has come down in price since May last but its now only £154.95, see link, but with a 400 of that quality well worth a bit of xtra I think, but the belt really needs changing on that car just for security sake

https://tinyurl.com/y8bdhbyz

Just a note about the above price after checking my paypal...the cost of that kit in May was £218.49, so the price has gone down a lot, probably because there are very few LS400s these days & they need to sell old stock equipment for obsolete vehicles

On 9/18/2017 at 7:55 PM, Haylands said:

Well after a few months off, recovering from 460 ownership, I'm back to a 430.....

The clue was in the first sentence....!!!

Deposit paid, pick it up tomorrow......

• Like 1

The outside style of a car bears no relationship to how it drives and feels inside. Yet we take the outside asthetics very much to heart when choosing a car, but unless we pass a mirror or shop window we never see ourselves driving it! The LS430 cabin is a nice place to be and possibly we should consider the interior and driving experience more than the body shape..

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Spacewagon52 said:

That looks a smashing car! I think you got a VERY good buy there - congratulations! You must have a big grin on your face today!

I'm not 100% sure but I think you've got me mixed up with Haylands, I don't think I'm Haylands, though it's still early, your right though, it made me grin...well, laugh out loud actually.

It's not that one, hate the colour personally....

I'll let you know when we have picked it up, don't want to Jinx it... It's not on eBay though....

At the moment we are waiting for the AA as my brother who is taking me has locked his keys in his car......Doh..........

We are driving from Hull to Middlesex to pick it up and stopping on the way to look at a nice SC430 which my brother fancies, he's been looking for one for a while...

If he buys it the logistics of getting all the cars to where they need to go will be a nightmare and a lot of driving...!!!!!!