Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi guys I'm new to the forum , I have an 04 reg rx300 se-l which has developed a front end side to side shimmied between 45-60 mph under acceleration and deceleration also noticed it whilst coasting a couple of times ,can any one shed some light on probable cause many thanks

I've checked balljoints ,I did have a creaking noise when turning steering to left and some grease on outside of ballpoint rubber, I've not checked wheel balance also I did have someone tell me it could be engine mounts or stabilizer

5 hours ago, Mylexrx said:

I've checked balljoints ,I did have a creaking noise when turning steering to left and some grease on outside of ballpoint rubber, I've not checked wheel balance also I did have someone tell me it could be engine mounts or stabilizer

On 20/09/2017 at 6:51 PM, Spacewagon52 said:

What have you already checked?

Tyre pressures? 

Do you have uneven wear on the tyre treads?

I checked tyre pressures they where at 28 psi so put them up to recommend 32 psi and checked with my trustee digital gauge, drove down the road and  the shimmy is almost gone 99% better so am getting wheel balance checked next

8 hours ago, Spacewagon52 said:

It is surprising how uneven tyre pressures can alter the feel of the steering.

☹️Just been out for a run(shopping 😩) and put it in the boot , got on the bypass and omg the shimmy is back with a vengeance you can see and feel the front end moving and it's now doing it under braking