Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Chasing Down

ratt

Further to my posts of yesterday, my problem with the coolant sensor has not worked. The diagnostics said that a fault lays with either the sensor or coil pack (the car is running but not so good). I've had it running on idle and starting with the very front coil, disconnected the terminal block and the car just runs lumpy for a few seconds before cutting out, so i connect again and start the engine again and move onto the others one by one. They all behave in the same way

When I try the same individual disconnection of the injectors one by one, 5 of the cylinders act the same as each other ie: the car runs but just alters a little by sound etc. On number 1 piston when i disconnect the running of the engine doesn't alter (or seem not to) in any way at all. My first thought is that maybe this injector is not working anyway, so is possibly causing the cars ill health.

Can anyone offer some insights into this for me?

• 1 month later...

Sounds like the culprit. the only way to be sure is to buy a spare injector and try it? but might be worth checking the wiring if you can back to the ecu and check the earth is earthing.