Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Warning lights and sensors

So, wonder if these cars (particularly the early gs 450h) have warning indicators for bulb out and brake pad wear?

Reason I ask, heard a bit of scratching from front offside wheel, so wanted to have a look before her mot and the brake pads are literally .3mm off being just a backing plate, way way too low, but no warnings at all. I didn't get chance to check all round, so wonder if there are pad wear sensors, just one one wheel, or none at all. 

I'd normally stay on top of such things, but been snowed under with long projects this last several months, but regardless, seems odd to not provide any warning.

Likewise, I had a main beam bulb blow, and no bulb out warnings either. Should there be?

Seems strange for what is a pretty loaded car (tech wise, and weight to be honest but thats irrelevant) to be missing such basic driver warnings....

Lol, so no dash light then... suppose the darkness is sign of bulb out to lol.

Clearly we shouldn't need them, and should know our cars enough to know before these lights are needed, but, still baffles me that they didn't bother.

Anyhow, failed mot, brakes as expected, but also track rod end (offside), rear shock (nearside) and exhaust, where apparently the y piece is almost split in 2. £1,500 quote, great!