Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gs450h paint correction

lockeyboy

After seeing @Farquis shining Gs450h is always planned on getting my car corrected

they (autobrite) had it this week for three days, £280, and what was a car made up of more of swirls than I remember seeing, and multiplying every second look, was transformed into a rather nice clean car

two stage polish, some manual effort involved where paint has been repaired and was too hard for machining, and a water based ceramic coating

then within hours, my neighbours building work took effect, the car is now covered, or as I am now pretending, covert.

IMG_20170920_145626.jpg

IMG_20170920_140550.jpg

IMG_20170920_145626.jpg

IMG_20170920_145506.jpg

IMG_20170920_145432.jpg

IMG_20170920_145449.jpg

IMG_20170920_145546.jpg

IMG_4511.JPG

IMG_4492.JPG

IMG_4512.JPG

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Farqui said:

Hey Mark, your car looks great and it seems they did a good job for you emoji106.png

Although it's a shame the car is now covered in gawd knows what emoji852.png

Very pleased, will be interesting to see what the ceramic coating does and how long it lasts. I'm told I can wax it, but in theory it just needs a wash and dry when cleaning it

its just dust, lots and lots and lots of dust:wacko:

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Mike, apologies, Ive not been on the forums too much at the minute due to some personal issues.

i've not washed it yet, now the weather is getting better I may do this weekend.

luckily today some ran into the back of me (whilst i was stationery), so I'll need to wash off some of the muck to view the damage.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/02/2018 at 2:45 PM, 65mike said:

Hi all.

Mark you are kidding some berk ran into you, not to much damage i hope and all the work put into getting the car clean.:sad:

65mike

Yes sadly, I'm now in a 17 plate cls350d. Awful car. Better than mine I know, but it's a well styled tractor.  Roll on Friday when I'll get mine back.

i did give it a quick clean a couple of weeks back, to be honest I think a lot of the coating has gone however.

On 08/02/2018 at 6:16 PM, Farqui said:

Oh no Mark sorry to hear that, was it a big knock/much damage?

I, not too much, just bumper, but £100 a day car hire, and four days of body shop, it won't be cheap for the insurance. And being hit whilst stationary, it pushed my premium up by £92. Good old insurance.

• Like 1

On 06/03/2018 at 12:24 AM, lockeyboy said:

I, not too much, just bumper, but £100 a day car hire, and four days of body shop, it won't be cheap for the insurance. And being hit whilst stationary, it pushed my premium up by £92. Good old insurance.

See thats where the problem lies. 

You should have told them you were moving and they probably would have refunded you £92 lol

• Haha 1

On 07/03/2018 at 7:22 PM, rayaans said:

See thats where the problem lies. 

You should have told them you were moving and they probably would have refunded you £92 lol

multiple insurance companies have told me that being hit, increases your chances (statistically) of going on to have an accident.

having said that, I then don't understand why the third party at fault in the first incident, should therefore not be liable for any future accidents in which I'm in!?

1 hour ago, lockeyboy said:

multiple insurance companies have told me that being hit, increases your chances (statistically) of going on to have an accident.

having said that, I then don't understand why the third party at fault in the first incident, should therefore not be liable for any future accidents in which I'm in!?

I always ask "by how much" and is it actually a significant difference i.e. p-values being less than 0.05. 

Funnily enough they never seem to have that data

• Like 1