Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Can this repaired or does it need a replacement

holiday

Hi

I had just purchased a Ct200H from Nottingham and noticed while driving that the windscreen is slightly chipped as per the photos can this be repaired or does it need a replacement.

My dad is worried about getting it replaced as it will damage the car and the trims. Please advise, we had had opted for the replacement and the glass will be a branded Lexus glass but my father is worried as it will damage the car.

I appreciate your guidance.

wind.thumb.jpg.71493b490f44c303bb8c10ac1035cba4.jpgwind2.thumb.jpg.8c974242c485cc858191094ad1b8e4a3.jpgwind3.thumb.jpg.5f407774dbc58297bde9affbb4b986a9.jpgwind4.thumb.jpg.9281f7a9711aea5a4b27442a6eb3d348.jpg

wind4.jpg

• 2 months later...

It depends where the damage is on the screen too. As Malc has said, take it to a professional windscreen company and get their expert opinion. Most insurance cover now includes glass repairs for a minor outlay because repair is cheaper than replace. They'll come out to where you live or work too. Best to get it done asap though because the cold weather makes damage worse over time. I've had a number of windscreens replaced over the past 15 years and never had any damage caused by the replacement.

• 6 months later...

Hi just to inform you my windscreen was repaired by Auto Windshields and they replaced with the dealer glass as it was covered by the lexus insurance during the 3 day service. Lexus Nottingham had reimbursement the excess fee. 

• Thanks 1