Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Clock not working

Ohoopee

The clock on my Lexus IS 200 has never worked since I Have owned it....the face of it lights up an Orange color but there are no characters on the clock.  I have been looking online to see if I could find one on eBay or another site but I have not found one like this one.  Here are a couple of pictures of my clock at night just because with the dash lights on, it is easier to see it.  Can this be fixed or do I need a new one?  Anybody know where I can get a new one?

20170925_205451.jpg

20170925_205458.jpg

2 hours ago, Ohoopee said:

What is the unit actually called? I searched on Ebay prior to posting here and didn't find one.  When I typed in clock, all that came up with the speedometer.

Type in 'IS200 Climate control panel', that should work. 

2 hours ago, Ohoopee said:

Cheers found loads of them now...I guess I just didn't know that the clock and climate control were the same part.  I had a look at my car this morning...how do you remove this unit?

You have to pull the top tray out (heater vents are part of the tray), it does take some force. Remove the unit under the stereo which houses the heated seat buttons etc, this pulls out.
Then there will be some bolts exposed 2 at the top 2 at the bottom, 10 or 12mm it's been a while since i've done it. Unscrew the bolts and the units come out, there should be some screws that hold them into the brackets on both sides. 
Let me know if you get stuck.

On 9/28/2017 at 2:06 PM, Dinho said:

You have to pull the top tray out (heater vents are part of the tray), it does take some force. Remove the unit under the stereo which houses the heated seat buttons etc, this pulls out.
Then there will be some bolts exposed 2 at the top 2 at the bottom, 10 or 12mm it's been a while since i've done it. Unscrew the bolts and the units come out, there should be some screws that hold them into the brackets on both sides. 
Let me know if you get stuck.

I'm having a real hard time getting the top tray off...I am at the point where I am afraid I am going to break it.  I found the climate control unit that I want, came from a low millage car and also claims to have been fully tested and all functions working...but the guy is cautioning me...he says I should take my old unit out and check the part number to make sure they are the same part as he claims these are different in different years....is there anyway to find out my part number without taking it out?  My IS 200 doesn't have heated seats so nothing below the radio.

50 minutes ago, rich1068 said:

Have a look on YouTube at some of the videos on how to remove the head unit on an IS. Pretty sure they show how to get the tray out. Be brave!

I was watching this video here...but he had already removed most of this stuff...he makes it look very easy.

1 hour ago, Ohoopee said:

I'm having a real hard time getting the top tray off...I am at the point where I am afraid I am going to break it.  I found the climate control unit that I want, came from a low millage car and also claims to have been fully tested and all functions working...but the guy is cautioning me...he says I should take my old unit out and check the part number to make sure they are the same part as he claims these are different in different years....is there anyway to find out my part number without taking it out?  My IS 200 doesn't have heated seats so nothing below the radio.

You wont break it, I had that same fear when I was tugging at mine for the first time, you have to give it a good yank. I've took mine out more times than I can remember. It wont break. All you have to do is make sure the icons you have on your dials are the same that's all. SO compare your imagine to what you can see on eBay and match them up that way.
If you want, tomorrow i'll make a video of how easy it easy to pull top tray out, and mine is a sat nav so more bulky.

Thanks guys...it will probably be next week before I have time to mess with it any more...I'll get back to you then...work is sending me away to do a course for the next month....don't really want to be messing with it in hotel car park.  That video you showed rich1068, he also makes it look very easy.  Mine had to have been off before as well as when I bought the car, it had a sony CD player in it...the original cd player was in the boot...so this shouldn't be the first time that all of this has been taken off...which should mean it would be easier.

The Good news is...I decided to have one last crack at it and I did finally get the top cover off....I didn't remove the bolts  but I was able to see the sticker on the back of my climate control.  So now at least maybe I can satisfy the seller and find out if his part does match my car. 

20170930_121454.jpg