Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all. Picked up my new NX Sport today - pics in my intro thread. Massively impressed with Lexus so far having come from years with Honda. The quality and the smoothness/quietness of the drive is amazing.

Having searched the NX forum and looked at the user manual, I have a couple of questions that I hope you can help me with.

1. Is there a way to get the passenger door mirror to tilt downwards when reverse is selected? I've had this on my last three Hondas and it is very useful. Can the NX do the same?

2. I have the 'parking pack' fitted i.e. Front and rear sensors. The user manual shows that you can see the distance - which sensor is closest to the obstacle - in the display but I can't seem to find it. I hear the beeps, but have no display (although the rear camera works). What am I missing?

3. I've asked a question about the DAB on another thread, but for those only looking at this thread, how do I get the DAB to select from the various available transmitters? I can only seem to search on one, which gives a very limited range of stations. How do I find the rest?

thanks in advance...Ed

Exciting day picking up a new car and starting to get familiar with all the new 'features'.

What colour/spec did you get?

To dip the rear mirror try selecting either the Left of Right side mirror with the...selector switch. Then when you hit reverse the selected mirror should dip.

If that doesn't work then you may have to hit reverse, manually dip the mirror and then hit the seat setting button.

Meanwhile enjoy your new steed.

23 minutes ago, Farqui said:

Exciting day picking up a new car and starting to get familiar with all the new 'features'.

What colour/spec did you get?

To dip the rear mirror try selecting either the Left of Right side mirror with the...selector switch. Then when you hit reverse the selected mirror should dip.

If that doesn't work then you may have to hit reverse, manually dip the mirror and then hit the seat setting button.

Meanwhile enjoy your new steed.

It's an NX Sport in Mercury Grey. I thought I'd tried selecting the passenger side on the selector switch - that was how the Honda worked too - but will have another look in the morning.

Of course, it may just be that the Lexus NX doesn't have this functionality. If anybody knows for sure I'd be grateful.

1 hour ago, First_Lexus said:

Hi all. Picked up my new NX Sport today - pics in my intro thread. Massively impressed with Lexus so far having come from years with Honda. The quality and the smoothness/quietness of the drive is amazing.

Having searched the NX forum and looked at the user manual, I have a couple of questions that I hope you can help me with.

1. Is there a way to get the passenger door mirror to tilt downwards when reverse is selected? I've had this on my last three Hondas and it is very useful. Can the NX do the same?

2. I have the 'parking pack' fitted i.e. Front and rear sensors. The user manual shows that you can see the distance - which sensor is closest to the obstacle - in the display but I can't seem to find it. I hear the beeps, but have no display (although the rear camera works). What am I missing?

3. I've asked a question about the DAB on another thread, but for those only looking at this thread, how do I get the DAB to select from the various available transmitters? I can only seem to search on one, which gives a very limited range of stations. How do I find the rest?

thanks in advance...Ed

1) I believe the Sport spec doesn't have that function. The dipping mirrors are only available if you have memory seats which is only available on F-Sport with Premier pack or on the Premier trim. This is because if there's no memory function, the mirrors don't know which position to go back to.

2) The Parking pack is a dealer fitted option and doesn't come from the factory. Therefore, its not connected to the central screen in any way so you will only hear audible beeps. The Luxury and above grades come with factory fitted parking sensors which feed to the central screen.

3) no idea on DAB, don't use it much as FM sounds better to my ears.

• Like 2

Interesting. I find it surprising that what some manufacturers fit as standard - none of my Hondas had memory seats but all had the mirror tilt function - others don't. Ho hum, hardly a show stopper, especially with the amazing discounts Lexus are giving on the Sport models! I was also told that the parking pack had the same functionality as that fitted to the Luxury grade, which is true to a point...again, discounts hard to come by on a Luxury but thousands of pounds on a Sport, so do I care? Nope...:tongue: Especially given the quality and drive of the NX. What an interior...just wonderful.

Thanks @rayaans much appreciated.

• Like 1

To test whether it doesn't indeed have the dipping function.

1) Put the vehicle into reverse. Lower the mirror to what you want it to be when reversing.

2) Put the car in Drive - if it has dipping mirrors, it should go back to the position that it was on before.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rayaans said:

To test whether it doesn't indeed have the dipping function.

1) Put the vehicle into reverse. Lower the mirror to what you want it to be when reversing.

2) Put the car in Drive - if it has dipping mirrors, it should go back to the position that it was on before.

I can confirm that my NX Sport doesn't have the dipping function. However, by simply moving the mirror down a touch I can still see the passenger side as I need to AND I can see the kerb/parking space lines when reversing. Turns out I never needed the auto dipping in the first place...:withstupid:

Now that's I've found all the DAB stations and entered the pre-sets (see the 'likes and dislikes' thread), does anybody know if I can stream Spotify to the audio system?

As far as I can tell, the system will only find the one album saved to my Iphone and won't find Spotify. Is it something to do with Mirrorlink?

22 hours ago, javadude said:

I switch to Bluetooth and manually play Amazon Prime videos from the app on my mobile and the audio comes through the car speakers OK. It is Android though...

Indeed so @javadude - I was approaching this by trying to use the audio system in the car rather than by using my Iphone as the method of control.

I can now stream Spotify by downloading the play lists to the Iphone so they can be used off-line, then connecting with Bluetooth from the car, selecting a play list on the phone and it then comes through the in-car audio. Jolly good...not had a car that could do this before. I may even give up CDs at some stage...:smile:

Great to see you are getting on well with the NX Sport, sounds like you have the same colour as mine. I too previously had a Honda (Civic) so I didn't have that functionality. 

When I first got the car I couldn't get DAB working, somehow it resolved itself. So I haven't touched it but would like to understand how to use it going forward. I also got the parking sensors fitted, and as stated above unlike the Luxury model which shows an image of the vehicle with its distance. The sensors are great but from my experience there is a slight lag especially with the front sensors before it actually kicks in. I don't know if you have experienced the same on yours.

I haven't noticed a parking sensor lag @Omegajb

Persevere with the DAB. It only needs setting up once, and once I'd finally worked out how to do it the process was all over in a few minutes. Just don't ask me to remember how I did it in a few months time...:wacko:

It's a slight lag for example, yesterday I drove into a parking slot in Tesco. I got out and locked the car parking sensor didn't go off at all whilst parking. Upon re entering the vehicle, the sensor was beeping to indicate I was close to the bushes in front. Strange that you haven't noticed any lag I wonder if it's a fault upon installation? 

23 minutes ago, Omegajb said:

It's a slight lag for example, yesterday I drove into a parking slot in Tesco. I got out and locked the car parking sensor didn't go off at all whilst parking. Upon re entering the vehicle, the sensor was beeping to indicate I was close to the bushes in front. Strange that you haven't noticed any lag I wonder if it's a fault upon installation? 

Mine definitely hasn't done that @Omegajb

I'll keep an eye on it over the next few days and see whether I can make it happen in different circumstances.

4 hours ago, Omegajb said:

Might be the actual sensor type and installation.

Worth remembering that the Sport spec doesn't have factory fit sensors and they are dealer fitted. Therefore, they could be of any brand and type which may work differently

9 minutes ago, rayaans said:

Might be the actual sensor type and installation.

Worth remembering that the Sport spec doesn't have factory fit sensors and they are dealer fitted. Therefore, they could be of any brand and type which may work differently

On my Sport the sensors - listed as the 'parking pack' option on the invoice - were fitted by Lexus at their depot in Bristol prior to delivery to the dealer. The reason for my delayed delivery was that the car was listed as 'unfit' for delivery by Lexus UK i.e. The sensors hadn't been fitted as quickly as expected.

Reading the brochure, and based on what my dealer told / showed me, I'd be a bit surprised if there were different types or makes of sensor being fitted from new as an 'OEM' accessory. 

4 hours ago, First_Lexus said:

On my Sport the sensors - listed as the 'parking pack' option on the invoice - were fitted by Lexus at their depot in Bristol prior to delivery to the dealer. The reason for my delayed delivery was that the car was listed as 'unfit' for delivery by Lexus UK i.e. The sensors hadn't been fitted as quickly as expected.

Reading the brochure, and based on what my dealer told / showed me, I'd be a bit surprised if there were different types or makes of sensor being fitted from new as an 'OEM' accessory. 

Different dealer groups, or atleast different depots may use their own sensor types though. I believe some of Lexus vehicles drop down in Liverpool and others in Grimsby and they could be using their own types of sensors or what they're familiar with. 

Different dealer groups, or atleast different depots may use their own sensor types though. I believe some of Lexus vehicles drop down in Liverpool and others in Grimsby and they could be using their own types of sensors or what they're familiar with.

Good point, it was slightly frustrating at first. But now as I know the dimensions of the car I am used to it, and careful regardless whilst parking or getting out of tight spaces. I bought mine in Lexus Croydon and they fitted the sensors before I collected the vehicle. But it is good to know how each dealer works and the different parts used.