Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

blocked washer jets

i have noticed the washer spray pattern has been getting lower and lower down the windscreen ,

i finally removed both of the jets and using a jug of hot water with a sterilising tablet and a spare

washer pump i circulated the hot water through the jets and back into the jug ,i was very surprised

with the colour of the water and after refitting the jets they work like new again.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I cant see whats in the bottle as its hidden behind the wheel arch liner,i feel with using

tap water there have been deposits building up in the jets which has created the

partial blockage,i always use a screenwash additive and never plain water ,I also like to let

the water level run down so there is always fresh water in the bottle, I feel its just with age

the performance has been reduced. 

• 4 years later...
On 9/26/2017 at 6:47 PM, 200h said:

i have noticed the washer spray pattern has been getting lower and lower down the windscreen ,

i finally removed both of the jets and using a jug of hot water with a sterilising tablet and a spare

washer pump i circulated the hot water through the jets and back into the jug ,i was very surprised

with the colour of the water and after refitting the jets they work like new again.

Any instructions how you removed the jets, my IS300h is in for a service right now and this what the the technician has quoted:
both front washer jets spay pattern is not covering the windscreen /// parts will need to be ordered
£122

Seems excessive for £122

Also can anyone advise on the part number? Lexus Parts direct do not have it only Phase 2.

• Like 1

Is that the fully fitted price for both jets? Sometimes they change the valve as well as it can be prone to blocking so reduces the pressure.

I know that some labour is involved so you'd kind of expect that 80 percent of the cost is made up of labour.

When did it have a last lexus service as it may qualify under lexus relax if it was within 12 months

Problem you,ll find is it will get worse. Then also with the weather and roads the way they are at the minute  (cars are getting filthy) and more winter to come , you will find it a pain when your trying to clear the screen and it doesn't work correctly.

My view, once it's done it's done.

Is that all that's flagged up on the service? 

1) Windscreen Jets
2) AC service and filter clean
3) Rear Brakes discs and pads (which i will do myself)

Alright i'll call them and ask if the parts is in stock the notes imply it need to be ordered.

can't believe all this .......  when mine start to loose distance on the screen I just find that pin and poke it in and hey ho ! they work like new again for another long time until all the road crud blocks them again

BUT ...  I must admit on the high tech Honda Legend I also have ( 56 plate ) the jets themselves just have to be replaced at silly cost coz the old tec option of a pin in the nozzle just doesn't work ............  built in obsolescence methinks:unsure:

Malc

On 1/21/2022 at 11:52 AM, agent_dess said:

1) Windscreen Jets
2) AC service and filter clean
3) Rear Brakes discs and pads (which i will do myself)

Alright i'll call them and ask if the parts is in stock the notes imply it need to be ordered.

Don't bother with the aircon service as there's absolutely no need for it.

The aircon is a sealed system and there is literally nothing to service. If you've noticed that it's not getting as cold as it used to then you may have a refrigerant leak somewhere, in which case you need to have it sorted.

The refrigerant doesn't have a 'use by' date and it doesn't wear out or degrade in any way. I've had cars for 10 years or more, never had the aircon serviced, and it's been as cold as the day I bought them.

• Like 1

I took the washer jets off, simple plastic clip, disconnect the rubber hose, clean the jets with pin and air duster. Reinstall.. both side total time 10mins, spray pattern much better and wider...

Now tell me Lexus how do you justify £122!!!🤨

• Thanks 1

Justification is a hard one to call but you know that a dealer would swap out the jet and wouldn't spend time trying to clear with pin and air as you describe. Sounds like you've improved it which is great. 

The justification from the dealer again would  argue that your jets are not working to spec (as new ones would) therefore replacements were the answer, therefore justifying their estimate.

I would say most dealers regardless of manufacturer would adopt this same approach with the only variable being the cost.

The premium brand can carry a premium cost.

8 hours ago, cadman2k said:

Justification is a hard one to call but you know that a dealer would swap out the jet and wouldn't spend time trying to clear with pin and air as you describe. Sounds like you've improved it which is great. 

The justification from the dealer again would  argue that your jets are not working to spec (as new ones would) therefore replacements were the answer, therefore justifying their estimate.

I would say most dealers regardless of manufacturer would adopt this same approach with the only variable being the cost.

The premium brand can carry a premium cost.

Yeah but i removed and cleaned both in 10mins.... it took 30sec each to remove.... we are talking about 1min removal time and 1min to fit new ones... assuming they cost £18 each that £36... the remaining £86 would be for 2min labour time??? 😂

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, agent_dess said:

Yeah but i removed and cleaned both in 10mins.... it took 30sec each to remove.... we are talking about 1min removal time and 1min to fit new ones... assuming they cost £18 each that £36... the remaining £86 would be for 2min labour time??? 😂

I think like most trades there is a probably a "minimum" time charged of an hour which at main dealer hourly rates makes up the rest of the quote. To be fair though I have had a few things done on my car by my Lexus dealer where they took a few minutes and wasn't charged. 

• Like 1

On 1/21/2022 at 10:45 AM, agent_dess said:

Any instructions how you removed the jets, my IS300h is in for a service right now and this what the the technician has quoted:
both front washer jets spay pattern is not covering the windscreen /// parts will need to be ordered
£122

Seems excessive for £122

Also can anyone advise on the part number? Lexus Parts direct do not have it only Phase 2.

The link below may help, on mine I simply insert a credit card both sides of the jet and push them in to release the fixing tangs and lift it out, however clips accessed from the other side are mentioned on the IS300 after removing the cover.

There is also a mention of a “check valve” which can result in poor flow.

£122.00 is certainly excessive but we are talking Lexus UK here, Amayama have the genuine articles for around £15.00 a pair shipped.

I did notice there are 3 variants for the jets in the parts list so would assume these are non adjustable for aim?

3E59C479-E2A2-4B2B-ABC1-1BCE63A3BBC3.png

9C6B6DE6-A3EC-4CC9-9E9B-41AF65CEF4B5.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, steve2006 said:

The link below may help, on mine I simply insert a credit card both sides of the jet and push them in to release the fixing tangs and lift it out, however clips accessed from the other side are mentioned on the IS300 after removing the cover.

There is also a mention of a “check valve” which can result in poor flow.

£122.00 is certainly excessive but we are talking Lexus UK here, Amayama have the genuine articles for around £15.00 a pair shipped.

I did notice there are 3 variants for the jets in the parts list so would assume these are non adjustable for aim?

3E59C479-E2A2-4B2B-ABC1-1BCE63A3BBC3.png

9C6B6DE6-A3EC-4CC9-9E9B-41AF65CEF4B5.png

Lexus Parts Direct now have the parts available after i emailed them to ask why only IS Phase 2 parts were showing.
Here is the part number if anyone may require it:
SKU: 85381-30220 ISP3

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links