Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Vsc errror please help

Stephenlexusis220d

Hi, I do not really have any idea about cars at all, upon starting my car this evening (lexus is220d ) 2007 I got the vsc error and turned on the engine and Tc lights. Would this be from a filter problem, I have had no problems before. It is due for a service in 2k (currently 80k) 

would you recommend to call the road side assistance and ask them to define the fault or to take it to a garage or a dealership and ask them to asses

any help is much appreciated 

Hi Stephen and welcome to the LOC UK.

To accurately diagnose the fault you really need the fault codes read, Lexus vehicles can be a little picky with aftermarket code readers and Lexus will charge around £60.00 I think to do it.

A very common cause apparently is a clogged up EGR valve which can be cleaned on a DIY basic ( this is not done routinely as part of a service). It may be worth doing this to see if it sorts out the fault.

Have a read here

Type in "Lexus IS220d EGR cleaning" into google and look for the video tutorials.

• Like 1