Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Starting issues

SHOEY94

Hi guys, 

first time posting here on this forum looking for help. I currently have a 2000 Lexus is200 as my weekend (fun car) while my daily was in getting repaired I was driving the Lexus as a daily but when my main car came back I parked the Lexus up starting it every so often. Then when I went to start it one day it just kept turning and fuelling but would not spark. I had to charge the Battery also. I checked power to cool packs and they all have power going to them. I've checked all fuses and nothing seems at fault there. While I was driving it as a daily the plastic part of my key, which is the only one I have for it, split. I glued it back together but I've a funny feeling this is the issue that the chip isn't sending out a signal. When I put the key in the ignition the red dot security light is not lighting up! Does anyone have any ideas or people who could sort this for me ? I'm in the Meath area of ireland. 

Much apprecited.

Sounds like you've not got the Battery back in the key fob correctly (or it's dead) so it's not disarming the immobiliser.

Glueing the key never works for long anyway so I'd suggest you order a new key from this guy on eBay then put your own electronics in the empty shell along with a new Battery.

EDIT: sorry, I thought I was in the RX300 forum and just realised that you've got an IS200. The guy on eBay may be able to help if you contact him or just browse his other listings on there, but I'm afraid that the link I gave you is for RX300 keys, sorry.

SECOND EDIT: it seems that the keys will be ok for the IS200 anyway :w00t:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SHOEY94 said:

The central locking is working though and I didn't think the battery affected the immobiliser ? The casing didn't fully split it almost did though. 

Thanks 

If the central locking is working then that proves the Battery is ok but it definitely does have a bearing on the immobiliser. It sounds like the immobiliser has somehow been corrupted and needs to be reprogrammed so have a look on YouTube to see how to do it and give it a try.