Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dustbin Lid or Twist Centres

DaKa

I've much admired the 'Twist' chrome centres ahead of the 'Saucers' fitted on earlier models but even the aftermarket Twist Centres for the standard SC430 wheels would cost circa £100 and need to be imported from USA.

Do you think such an investment would be returned if selling the 4 spares that I no longer need, or, would an enthusiast simply prefer the original centres?

• 3 weeks later...

Ah, that takes me back Chris....some hub caps just popped off nice and easy, others needed a good deal of cursing and muscle. 

To answer the original question, having the choice of centres  would help sell the wheels but I doubt it would increase the value by an extra £100.

One of my favourites was the stainless steel hubcaps of the ROVER SD1. My father-in-law took the black paint off and made them completely shiny - they looked quite good.

The wheel trims on my 1974 Carina were very good quality.

a1-4.jpg

On 29/09/2017 at 1:45 PM, DaKa said:

I've much admired the 'Twist' chrome centres ahead of the 'Saucers' fitted on earlier models but even the aftermarket Twist Centres for the standard SC430 wheels would cost circa £100 and need to be imported from USA.

Do you think such an investment would be returned if selling the 4 spares that I no longer need, or, would an enthusiast simply prefer the original centres?

You would be changing them just for your own personal taste but best keep the old dinner plate trims to go with the car when you sell it on.

I believe classic status is just around the corner for the SC430 and future owners may like the the orginal look so best keep hold of them:yes:

• 5 months later...