Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX Lux 6 months in…MUD anyone & MPG

Still have to say excellent product, now for the small problems and wish list fix’s. Looks like Lexus did not test the car in a muddy field, and I am going to have to purchase a Karcher power washer!! - Here in Devon we have small roads and farmers, lots of MUD. All four doors, especially the rear get so much mud around edges, constantly cleaning, mud gets stuck in gaps. Had a few comments from  Passengers when they get mud on Clothes.

MPG motorway around 36, but around town and villages 44.

Wish list, two reversing lights and LED high beam (why just sport and premier) .

Hi Robert regarding the mud especially on the rear doors,we noticed this early on when we had our NX and it is a well known problem now.I was constantly cleaning them and trying to prevent any build up.
Thankfully not an issue on the RX,but i would of thought they would have corrected this by now as we had our NX in 2014 but obviously they haven't.

Rural Wiltshire here and the first clean of my new NX coming up this weekend. I've also noticed the build up on the inner rear doors. To be fair my Honda CR-V was similar, and as a solution I had the side steps fitted to see whether they kept mud and muck at bay. It worked to a point, but instead I got a big build up on the bottoms of the side-steps...:rolleyes:

MPG over my first 180 miles is 46.9 on rural roads at 30-40mph mainly, no motorway miles to speak of. Or a-roads. Or b-roads...just lanes.

On Sunday I cleaned the NX. It looked like this.

fullsizeoutput_2ae.thumb.jpeg.586b6a2cbda6effa7528a3077e29d688.jpeg

After just two journeys to and from work down the lanes of rural Wiltshire - 15 miles each way daily - it now looks like this...

fullsizeoutput_2b0.thumb.jpeg.50ccd453d8cf8dac1427199a876aeaa9.jpegfullsizeoutput_2b1.thumb.jpeg.f6c731f4386c78fd69b6016f79118867.jpegfullsizeoutput_2b2.thumb.jpeg.6523921d655afde50519527076b9a9d3.jpeg

By far the worst areas are the bottoms of the inner rear doors, and when the doors are open the underside of the sills. I've never known a car collect mud like it!

I've already got the worst off with my pressure washer this evening. Looks like in the Winter I'll be using the M4 from now on rather than the lanes...:yes:

• Like 1

No consolation I know but the 4RX has just the same issue with the inner door bottoms getting muddy. My Range Rover never suffered with this problem.

I live in South Wiltshire and, at this time of year, the farmers leave huge amounts of mud on the road round here. The back of the RR got extremely filthy in about 5 minutes in the wet but I find the RX to keep the rear much cleaner and the rear screen less obscured. It must be the aerodynamics.

There is nothing you can do and I think its a price worth paying to live in such a nice area. :smile:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...