Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Servicing Costs

I've been sent details of a service plan over 3 years costing £1300. That's for 2 inters and 1 major. I'll have to find out if at this price all filters and plugs are included. 

3 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

I've been sent details of a service plan over 3 years costing £1300. That's for 2 inters and 1 major. I'll have to find out if at this price all filters and plugs are included. 

That' doesn't make sense. Should be around £1000 unless it's including a 60k service or something

19 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

Oh? Well my car is a 64 plate with just 21.2k miles on it. I'll have a proper read of the offer when I have time and report back. 

Ok, so this particular car will be on time-based servicing due to its low mileage. Therefore, if a service has been carried out already this year, you would need the 4, 5 and 6 year services. If not, then you need 3, 4 and 5 years which would be £1015.

This would be a Full 40 (major) at £485, 50K intermediate at £265 and a Full 60 at £595 bringing it to £1345. However, you have to be aware that the Full 60 includes spark plug changes. Spark plugs only need changing at 60k miles and your car may not be near that mileage at 6 year. Spark plug change is not time dependent and therefore you would need to ask if you should just pay the Major price of £485 rather than the £595.

Good info Rayaans and accurate. My car did have a service before I picked it up. My service quote is for Full 40, intermediate 50 and Full 60k and cost is £1345. I think that's fair enough however I'll contact the dealer as if service intervals are every 10k miles then I'll have to negotiate a service plan once a year at around 13k a year mileage. I'll specify that an engine oil change will happen at 6k intervals at someone like kwikfit.

1 hour ago, Mr Vlad said:

Good info Rayaans and accurate. My car did have a service before I picked it up. My service quote is for Full 40, intermediate 50 and Full 60k and cost is £1345. I think that's fair enough however I'll contact the dealer as if service intervals are every 10k miles then I'll have to negotiate a service plan once a year at around 13k a year mileage. I'll specify that an engine oil change will happen at 6k intervals at someone like kwikfit.

You can say you're a business user and get the intervals put up to 12500/1 year miles at Lexus.

I wouldn't change the oil at 6k intervals - there really is no reason to, especially on the IS300h which has an NA engine.

Looking at the mileage you do and the current mileage of the car, you would reach 60k miles in the 6th year so should undergo the spark plug change.

On 28/10/2017 at 7:34 PM, Mr Vlad said:

Ring around several dealers as well and get the lowest price in an email. Your nearest dealership will probably match it. As before mine was £995 for two majors and one intermediate. 

I'm low mileage so wont need plugs until outside of this plan but as you state get them included. At my next major I will present them with an air filter and tell them to bloody fit it. 

Yes, do be clear about how many services you actually need. If, for example, you are on a 15k/year four-year lease and you hit 60k miles, you are responsible for the 60k service even if you hand the car back immediately afterwards. 

I'm not a business user.  The car is actually mine and private use only. My commute is 28 miles 5 times one week and 6 the next and a trip to Leeds from Rochdale at weekends. 

I personally like the idea of an oil change every 6k miles, it's something I've done to everyone of my cars both turbo and none turbo. It's just me as I care about my cars engines. I'm also a lover of ZX1 and all my cars have had it. My engines have been mint.

As said I'll contact Stockport Lexus about a personalised service plan.

• 2 weeks later...

I'l put this info on this post as it' most relevant. My car will Not be serviced by Any Lexus garage. Instead it'll be serviced by Toyota. 

Full service is £330.00 and intermediate is £180.00. Plus they'l do it when You want it doing i.e. in my case yearly @ 1.2k miles. Genuine parts used.

If spark plugs need doing then they're charged for. No sweat there.

Contact your local Toyota dealer. However they don' do service plans but at those prices who needs one.

Good discussion here. I think a lot of what you pay for is for someone that knows what they are doing to do the job right, using genuine parts too.
Always find it funny the 10k schedule gets brought up as a negative. Toyota/Lexus hybrid engines are extremely reliable and I think a lot of that is down to doing the basics right. Oil changes should never be 18k+ or 2 years etc. like BMW or any other manufacturer. Oil will degrade way before that and they bump up the fleet high mileage cars to 12k because the car would typically spends more time at operating temperature and cause less strain on engine and dilution/deterioration of oil.
I've seen some interesting services done by other garages, which make you wonder if they were trained at all.

Yep, pretty sure the plugs get done earlier on the turbo models as I was thinking one might be a potential candidate for when I replace my current car.

When searching for some general info I was shocked to see that the 40K and 80K services were priced at nearly £600 each. Digging deeper, it would seem that is when the plugs get changed. The 60K service is just under £500 too! :ohmy:

Interesting.

My service manual states iridium type 60,000

Nx 200t 40,000

I'm due the 4 year service (Full) in 2019 and its makes no mention of plugs but lists in detail what they will do (transmission / coolant change etc).

My plan was £986 for two fulls and one Intermediate. Do I have iridium plugs..? no idea but if the same engine is getting a plug change at 48 months on the Nx200t and the RC2OOt then I wouldn't be happy taking mine beyond that ( If I still have it)

4 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

I'l put this info on this post as it' most relevant. My car will Not be serviced by Any Lexus garage. Instead it'll be serviced by Toyota. 

Full service is £330.00 and intermediate is £180.00. Plus they'l do it when You want it doing i.e. in my case yearly @ 1.2k miles. Genuine parts used.

If spark plugs need doing then they're charged for. No sweat there.

Contact your local Toyota dealer. However they don' do service plans but at those prices who needs one.

Good idea however when I rang Toyota they said yes we can service the car much cheaper however, to get the extended warranty on the hybrid Battery, Lexus need to do the hybrid health check. I guess even if you pay 180 for a service with Toyota then 60 for the health check with Lexus it's still cheaper than 275 but not by much !!!

This is getting interesting. It would appear my manual doesn't relate to an IS200t...there is no mention at all of it yet I've just seen a copy on another thread that specifically states the IS200t should have a plug change at 40K....so yes @J Henderson you are right. The car was virtually new, main dealer 1500 miles on it. 

The service plan also relates to a bloody IS200 haha , I bet that confused the guys in the workshop on the last service. So two separate Lexus dealers have failed to correctly identify the model of my car ..unbelievable !  

I guess at year 4 I will casually remind them about the spark plug change, however having paid 3 years of a plan I wonder if they will honour it. 

I don' know about the lexus extended warranty and having to have the hybrid heath check But since some Toyota cars have the same engine drive train and hybrid system as the is300h then they are more than qualified to do the health check But I won' buy the lexus warranty when my current free 1 years run out. I'l be using Warranty Direct as I've used them for years and they are a no quibble company in my experience. 

5 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

I don' know about the lexus extended warranty and having to have the hybrid heath check But since some Toyota cars have the same engine drive train and hybrid system as the is300h then they are more than qualified to do the health check But I won' buy the lexus warranty when my current free 1 years run out. I'l be using Warranty Direct as I've used them for years and they are a no quibble company in my experience. 

This isn't anything to do with the extended warranty. If your car has no warranty and you take it to Lexus for a service they will do the hybrid health check and extend the Battery warranty for 12 months each time for a maximum of 10 years. You are Right, Toyota could indeed do this however Lexus stipulate it needs to be done at a Lexus dealer not Toyota. I looked into this last month as my car is 4 years old now 

40 minutes ago, iwonder said:

Toyota techs wouldn't have access to lexusonline accounts which is how the HHC is done, which is another reason they can't do it

Toyota have access to Lexus on line, but that is not used anyway for the health check. It is a stand alone piece of equipment. The hybrid systems were developed by Toyota, and the Lexus CT is a Prius as far as the engine and transmission is concerned. All the HV batteries are clearly marked Toyota

I live 55 miles away from the nearest Lexus dealer, and was told by them they were perfectly happy for me to have all service, and recall work done at the Toyota dealer half the distance away, but the same franchise. Often Toyota and Lexus share the same forecourt as in the Wolverhampton branch.

John

7 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

They are qualified but the reality is that they just can't do it, and Lexus won't accept them as doing it even if they do.

So, essentially, if you go for the Toyota Service, you would need the hybrid health-check for that extra 1 years warranty on the hybrid system so cost won't be that different. 

Additionally, I'd be very very wary of warranty direct - there's a lot of things that they don't cover and I bet they won't cover a hybrid failure. Additionally, I don't think they're much cheaper than Lexus warranty which comes with roadside assistance included

The Lexus warranty is actually very good - probably one of the better warranties out there.

Be very very wary of Warranty Direct? 

Noooooo. I actually asked them about a warranty for the is300h and with no hesitation they said yes. However I'm a sod to get the right answers and info when the time comes. So till next September I'll not bother looking for an extended warranty. 

I am intrigued tho about getting a warranty on the hybrid system after its had a health check. Is that a free warranty on it or a charged one?

I'l get round to asking lexus that.

When I asked my local Toyota dealer about servicing my Lexus they said no problem with the service but they can’t do the hybrid health check as Toyota and Lexus use completely different software if that’s the right word. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links