Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi, I've not been on here much recently due to my holiday and then coming back to a load of work that my colleagues kindly left for me 😧

Here's my quick update for anyone who cares:

Holiday to florida was good and at least now I can say I survived a hurricane! I saw one gsf (doesn't look good in red) but no isf's.

I got a 2.3 turbo mustang convertible for the trip. Overall it is a good car, apart from the completely numb steering, but a 4 cylinder engine is just wrong in a Stang! It went ok but just makes the wrong noise 😔

While I was away my car was in the paint shop having the front bumper, bonnet and sideskirts resprayed. No photos as it hasnt stopped raining since I picked it up but he's done a great job for £700.

I've also had the mot this week which it passed with no advisories, not bad for 9 years and 107k miles 😎. Having said that the estimate for a service was a bit scary, apparently there is no record of my spark plugs ever being changed so i need them doing at great expense 🤤. Going to get that done next week once I've recovered from the shock.

I've also ordered the usrs today and will be getting a full valet and ceramic coating for the new paint soon so let's hope the wife doesn't find the credit card statement this month 😳

P.s. there was a dodge dealer just down the road from where I was staying in Florida who had a very rare and random super bee tribute parked outside next to the hellcats. Not to everyone's taste but put a smile on my face 🤠

20170924_145204.jpg

20170924_142208.jpg

20170924_142214.jpg

• Like 10

@Rusty Crobar Welcome back matey glad you had a good time, nice pics as well a superbee now that's something people of my era can appreciate, the noise those things made racing was phenomenal.

Now let's get down to business your own car expenditure.......

Ah yes I remember now.........

Dear Mrs Russ

I have it on good authority that your husband owes you...again a weekend away at a 5 starred Michelin 3 star restaurant Hotel somewhere of your choice in the principality.......

Do any of the wives ever get to read this stuff or are my literary talents wasted 😁

🐀

• Haha 2

Pretty sure my wife will never log on here, she's had enough Lexus talk in the last 12 months to last a lifetime!  

I can't afford to take her to McDonald's at the moment let alone a Michelin star place 😂

Glad you had a good holiday mate, just returned from the states myself, 2500 mile road trip, love it.

I don't think that car and the word "taste" should be in the same sentence.................................... 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Rusty Crobar said:

Pretty sure my wife will never log on here, she's had enough Lexus talk in the last 12 months to last a lifetime!  

I can't afford to take her to McDonald's at the moment let alone a Michelin star place 😂

That's a shame as The Driftwood  have just reduced their tariff for the autumn season... :yes: 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Big Rat said:

Do any of the wives ever get to read this stuff or are my literary talents wasted 😁

Yup, you're wasted, sorry, your literary talents, are wasted :wink3:

Mrs Nemesis would never peruse these fora, I can see her eyes glaze over at the mere mention of cars....

• Like 2