Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

is220d SE Airbag Recall

My is220d SE was in the local Lexus dealership yesterday having some recall work done on the passenger airbag release mechanism, got the car back and they had done a full valet + they put £25 of fuel in it as well.

Lexus I cannot fault you!!!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2017 at 2:39 PM, lordksmith said:

Shame I live the other end of the country , they sound a decent bunch.

They are, I can recommend them to any Lexus owner who lives in the area. 

• Thanks 1

Hi Steve,

I've been reading a thread that a lot of owners are experiencing dash squeaks and rattles after having this recall sorted, mentioning having to return to the dealers who are packing the dash with foam to correct the noise.  Any probs for you?

16 hours ago, lordksmith said:

Hi Steve,

I've been reading a thread that a lot of owners are experiencing dash squeaks and rattles after having this recall sorted, mentioning having to return to the dealers who are packing the dash with foam to correct the noise.  Any probs for you?

Not noticed anything more than their already was but will now monitor it more closely, this always was an issue from day one with some cars.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I had the airbag replaced via the recall as well as a full service and MOT on my 08 IS220d and the dash is squeaky/creaking since I had it back.  I guess I can take it back to get it packed as the previous post suggests. 

My question though is: has anyone had any other problems since having the passenger airbag replaced?...The passenger headlight now has an intermittent fault and stops working every now and then which my g/f found out when people were frantically flashing her.  Is it a coincidence or do you think this has occurred when they took the dash out?  Please can you advise as I am taking the car back to the dealer but by the way Lexus Reading are talking when I called them they are suggesting it may be coincidence and therefore push me to pay....It all worked fine before it went in for this work...

Thanks, Jas 

Welcome Jason. :smile:

Funnily enough, my car is also going back to Lexus Reading in a couple of week for a noise from the dash since the air bag recall was done.  The difference is, it will be the 3rd time it has gone back!  Fair play to the dealer though, they have never questioned it and have always had another go with no fuss.

I would struggle to connect a faulty headlight with the dash removal to be honest.  It could just be bad timing.  I could very well be wrong, but I would have thought it is much more likely to be a problem with the light itself.

I've noticed two problems since the recall. Radio reception is definitely poorer than before (ariel lead not fully inserted?) and my passenger seat heater no longer works.

Mentioned it to Lexus Teesside who didn't seem too interested in taking a look and I've been too busy with work to follow it up. But I will ring them again and be a bit more forceful this time!

My wife's complaining about a rattle on the dash that definitely wasn't there before we took the IS in for the recall. 

I'll be on the blower first thing in the morning demanding they put it right.

Gave Lexus Birmingham a bell first thing and told them about the rattle.

They were ever so apologetic and have booked the IS in first thing Monday morning and promised to put it right.