Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

5 hours ago, joelfigueira said:

Have you contacted the site?

i didn’t have any issues at all.

they asked me to disconnect Battery again, and see if it ejected, it didn't.

have tried to find hidden buttons from various forums, but to no avail.

eventually tried the method of stopping the disk spinning, and letting auto eject, which it did.

i'm just hoping i haven't damaged the unit? time will tell.

so after all that, my experience hasn't been of an easy install.

have re loaded the lexus disc, and all menus now working 

27 minutes ago, tim1830 said:

they asked me to disconnect battery again, and see if it ejected, it didn't.

have tried to find hidden buttons from various forums, but to no avail.

eventually tried the method of stopping the disk spinning, and letting auto eject, which it did.

i'm just hoping i haven't damaged the unit? time will tell.

so after all that, my experience hasn't been of an easy install.

have re loaded the lexus disc, and all menus now working 

Ah man feel really bad it’s been a pain in the bum for you.

honestly it was so easy and I didn’t have any problems at all even to now all is working fine. 

6 minutes ago, joelfigueira said:

Ah man feel really bad it’s been a pain in the bum for you.

honestly it was so easy and I didn’t have any problems at all even to now all is working fine. 

lol  no problem.   it's always gonna be a risk for one of us, and at a saving of £150 it was worth a go.

I've asked them to send me a replacement if they think it was just a dodgy disc, as most of the feed back has been so good.

1 hour ago, tim1830 said:

lol  no problem.   it's always gonna be a risk for one of us, and at a saving of £150 it was worth a go.

I've asked them to send me a replacement if they think it was just a dodgy disc, as most of the feed back has been so good.

How is everything now all good? It’s a massive saving the money I saved I can by loads of clips to keep my engine bay covers on! Bloody clips pop off so easy 

the original disc is in and seems to be working.

sat nav store are going to send me a replacement, so that's great service, and hopefully this one will work.

i'm just a little unsure whether to risk it?

as for engine bay clips, i'm amazed how many different sizes they have to do the same thing lol

6 minutes ago, tim1830 said:

sat nav store are going to send me a replacement, so that's great service, and hopefully this one will work.

as for engine bay clips, i'm amazed how many different sizes they have to do the same thing lol

Would leave what you have in and keep the new one for a spare

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2017 at 3:57 PM, tim1830 said:

How has everything been since using the new disc?  Mine has been no problem at all. 

I have used this one which was advertised on the forum at the time this post was started

https://www.latestsatnav.co.uk/latest-2018-sat-nav-disc-update-for-toyotalexus-e1f-navigation-gen35-86-p.asp?utm_source=LexusOwnersClubUK&utm_medium=ForumLinks

The disc arrived and I initially tried it but it was late at night and dark and had no luck - especially in trying to remove the disc panel (not the best time to do something like this) - but gave it a go in the light yesterday and the disc was accepted with no issue - no need to reset anything - no Battery disconnection either. Not sure of the maps yet as I have not had a chance to use but will do mid November on a trip to South Wales so I will give it a good try then.

No issue with losing any features of voice control at all.

I have checked the version and the screen reports its a 2017 / 18 revision. I was thinking why there was a need to disconnect the Battery for the car to update the firmware?....why would you need to do that as its is a DVD based system and the DVD reader is only reading the disc so there should be no need to update the firmware to do so unless hard drive update?

I bought a genuine Lexus 2015/2016 dvd from a guy on eBay who had upgraded to the 2016/2017 disc, it worked perfectly and as you would expect all functions are working.

Cost me £50! Apparently the guy updates every year so I told him when he upgrades next year to get in touch with me and I will purchase the old one again, at £50 I'm still quids in me thinks! 

The one I had was Europe 2006/2007 from when the car was new, the one I bought is just UK but a lot more accurate than the older one......  

On 27/10/2017 at 2:14 PM, joelfigueira said:

How has everything been since using the new disc?  Mine has been no problem at all. 

got my replacement disc, and gonna try again this lunch time at work.

what's the worse that could happen?  wise words!

just an update.
replacement disc in and working!!
can definitely recommend the sat nav store, not only a great price, but helped me when it was going wrong.

What went wrong?

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

this....a few post's back

""well, now i really do need some help!

followed instructions, Battery disconnected for 15, and dvd won't read disc!

Comes up with disclaimer warning, i touch i agree, and the checking disc, and then back to disclaimer.

I can't eject disc, not sure what to do now.

few web sites say about hidden eject feature, some about removing drive.

any help would be greatly appreciated ""

hi Stevet,

as texas said, just had a little brown trouser moment as dvd player/software wouldn't read disc.

spoke to sat nav store, who advised me to try a couple of things.neither worked.

the new disc was fine, followed same procedure, and worked 1st time. 

again big thumbs up to them for great service

the worrying bit was getting the disc out, on my 300 there's no eject button on drive, it's in a menu on the screen, which i couldn't get to as it was stuck on the disclaimer!

had to jam the disc to stop it spinning and force an eject, not ideal.   (had tried various methods, disconnecting Battery, hidden screen buttons)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi i bought a disc from link mentioned by

• is250 newbie
  •  
  • is200 Newbie
  • Members
  • 1,631 posts
  • Name: Noo bie
  • Lexus Model: IS 250 SE-L
  • Year of Lexus: 2007

There is also this one  - link below

https://www.thesatnavshop.com/lexus-toyota

Found this being advertised on this forum at the top of the page - does the 2015 / 2016 updates but not sure if it integrated into the handsfree so have asked the question

It didnt work and hasn't worked no matter what i tried including disconnecting Battery.

Tried the website and found it was not connected and link no longer works, i did manage to get in touch using the payment link and they promised to replace the disc, but that was a good few weeks ago and have given up waiting.

My car is a RX400h and the satnav disk is in the boot and ejects with a sliding tab, so have been trying other discs with no luck, so will try your satnavstore instead and hope for the best

simplyfred

• 2 months later...

Hi all.

I spoke to Lexus regarding upgrading to later disc 2017 version and asked if it had full post code on it but they did not know.:mellow:

Does anybody know if the new disc has full post code recognition on it please.:unsure:

65mike:cool:

As far as I am aware, if yours has the 4 digit postcode lookup then you are stuck with it.  Mine certainly didn't add it when I upgraded, albeit this was in 2015.

It does update the firmware though, which in my case added the useful functionality of being able to input addresses into the sat nav whilst on the move. 

• 1 year later...

Hoping for some help.  I have a 2011 IS250, I've purchased a disc,  got the front panel off to expose the DVD slot but there I am stuck. I don't have a menu button that allows me to eject the DVD, rather under the nav button I have an option to do a data update.  This instructs me to "connect the device for updating.  ....." When I select this it goes away for 30 seconds or so then errors with "device error connection,   check the connection". Any ideas please? 

Sounds like your navigation system is the later type which is hard disk-based, not DVD.

Unless there's a third-party / bootleg method I'm unaware of, it has to be updated via USB by a Lexus dealership, which costs £££...