Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi, I may have to have the rear shocks replaced on my 2000 GS430. After a bit of research I think these are the required replacements. I understand that KYB might be the lexus part. 

Can any of you good folks confirm:

1. They're good parts to use.

2. That the one in the screenshot is the correct part.

Thanks folks.

Screen Shot 2017-10-08 at 14.19.34.png

17 minutes ago, IanA2 said:

Hi, I may have to have the rear shocks replaced on my 2000 GS430. After a bit of research I think these are the required replacements. I understand that KYB might be the lexus part. 

Can any of you good folks confirm:

1. They're good parts to use.

2. That the one in the screenshot is the correct part.

Thanks folks.

Screen Shot 2017-10-08 at 14.19.34.png

Ian. KYB are indeed the manufacturer Toyota/Lexus use. I cannot confirm the part numbers, but no doubt someone else will. To be honest on some Lexus models KYB shocks are not known for reliability especially the shaft seal being prone to leaking even at low mileage (20,000), and just over one year old out of guarantee. There seems little in the way of alternatives however.

John. 

• Like 2

Wow, at that price I'd not care if they only lasted 20k. Heck of a lot cheaper than the 290 each I put on my car yesterday! It's almost 1/5 the price, so that's 100k worst case scenario per one pair for the 450h, and nice new suspension through the life lol

Sorry can't help with part numbers, but, all mice checked out on mylparts.com so perhaps that can help confirm or correct.

• Like 2

It looks as though price depends on wg=here you buy. I've done a bit more research and it looks as though it is the correct part number, Thing is, it's 192.90 from these folks: http://www.mister-auto.co.uk/en/rear-shock-absorber/lexus-gs-jzs160-uzs161-uzs160-430-283hp_v15577_g900002.html

Screen Shot 2017-10-09 at 21.03.48.png