Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New to Lexus

flookyk

For a few weeks I have been reading some of the topics on here and found them interesting, especially ones on the reliability of the Lexus models.

Well i have just taken the plunge and buying a 2011 RX450 with just over 70000 miles on the clock and in black (the colour of my first 2 4x4's).

I have been driving 4x4's since 2004 staring with a Suzuki Grand Vitara XL7 (my best so far) then a Suzuki GV1600 followed by a Range Rover P38 and then my current Hyundai Tucson.

I am hoping the RX450 proves to be as reliable as the XL7 .. and definately not like the Rangie.

Hope to pick up a few tips on here especially the maintenance side of things on it.

With the Rangie it was neccessary to do the servicing and repairs becasue of the number of times it went wrong, including replacing the diesel pump.

With the Tucson I have a good garage opposite where I work where the owner is a former Hyundai trained mechanic.

I am hoping he will be able to do most of the work on the Lexus as well as I prefer not to do all that these days, but like to know how it all works and what is the problems that go wrong.