Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• 3 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

Not really looking forward to a future of hundreds of thousands of minicopters in the air!

will solve the trafficproblem though..

BERNARD, there are millions of birds in the air each day and not one has been reported as having collided with anything ...other than a glass pane !  :):):)

Agree John and i think that technically it will be possible one day. I was more referring to noise and visual aspects. If my neighbor fiddles around with a drone it will most certainly drive me crazy. If there are plans for a large windmill somewhere the entire village starts an uproar. so just imagine all those lexus minicopters flying around...

Then again, nobody knows how mass transportation will look in 50 years time, i for sure wont be around to witness! 

Just got to rearrange the laws of physics and we'll be good to go!

I don't inherently disagree with the convertiplane concept but as the Americans have found with the V22 Osprey it's almost like the worst of both worlds.

With a wingspan that small you're looking at 200~300 MPH in the cruise (a 35' span Cessna 150 weighing ~1600 pounds cruises @ 75MPH on 100BHP, just!) to achieve those kind of speeds is going to require a significant power input.........

Nice to dream though.

Andrew

• Like 1

On 28/10/2017 at 1:55 PM, royoftherovers said:

BERNARD, there are millions of birds in the air each day and not one has been reported as having collided with anything ...other than a glass pane !  :):):)

From my observations birds are smarter than the average driver!

• Like 1