Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Paint code

Hi all

does anyone know the paint code/colour for the standard wheels on an is300h 2017, I hve just touched the kerb with my n/s front 😱😡 and I want to hide it as much a I can for the moment.

cheers

Graham

3 hours ago, Morepower said:

Hi all

does anyone know the paint code/colour for the standard wheels on an is300h 2017, I hve just touched the kerb with my n/s front 😱😡 and I want to hide it as much a I can for the moment.

cheers

Graham

There is none. 

Find a local branch of Autopaint and call in. They have hundreds on paint chips to try and match and can mix up small amounts to use with a touch up brush or make up an aerosol can. My local guy is very helpful and mixed up some paint for the wheels on my BMW R1200GS which has silver grey wheels which also does not have a paint code.

I have found in the past, touching up a door handle on my VW which is called magic black and is a pearlescent  base coat and laquer, that the only way to get a good finish on small areas is to use an air brush which gives out a very small fine spray.

The trouble with using a touch up brush is that the metallic particles are not evenly distributed.

All depends on how OCD about these things you are.

14 minutes ago, bernieeccles said:

Find a local branch of Autopaint and call in. They have hundreds on paint chips to try and match and can mix up small amounts to use with a touch up brush or make up an aerosol can. My local guy is very helpful and mixed up some paint for the wheels on my BMW R1200GS which has silver grey wheels which also does not have a paint code.

I have found in the past, touching up a door handle on my VW which is called magic black and is a pearlescent  base coat and laquer, that the only way to get a good finish on small areas is to use an air brush which gives out a very small fine spray.

The trouble with using a touch up brush is that the metallic particles are not evenly distributed.

All depends on how OCD about these things you are.

My son's VW Golf is Black Magic. Touch up works fine on it but you have to be aware that you can't just dab it on and leave it. It needs to be put in the right direction so the flakes are aligned in a similiar direction and then wet sanded to get it flat. 

For touch up of wheels your suggestion regarding colour swatch matching is probably the best.

Otherwise, if you want to get the full wheel done, then its best to go to someone who uses a colour sampling machine.

• Like 1