Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rcf v 718s

• 1 month later...

It was a while ago now but such different cars that if you owned either I'd think you'd prefer the one you bought because the reason to buy each is so different.

Boxster or really 718S is very small and for me found it would be uncomfortable after an hour or less. PDK box seems to work on magic when accelerating and I thought it behaved a bit cvt like at times as shifts were so smooth and revs just moved around so fast. Obviously handling was great being lighter then the RC but also felt less secure, roads were quite slippy that day.

Oddly and possibly due to being a dual clutch it felt like it was on the verge of stalling as you pull up to a stop, never did but I found myself wanting to dip the clutch (no pedal there) and then the car caught it. I suppose could get used to it but after being in normal autos so long it does seem weird.

Performance seemed about equal but the engine was a bit characterless so I could agree with reviewers who have said same  - could set the exhaust to crackle but I didn't feel it suited the car. As driven it was over 50k. Didn't really feel like there was much there for that money. I reckon you could have as much fun in an MX5 for a lot less cash.

The draw for me to the RCF is looks and V8 - not sure what the draw is for prospective 718s owners?

Seemed like a good car but I didn't get any sense of excitement or pleasure driving it. Too small for me inside.

Also mate only had it 20 minutes and after I took that pic an audi reversed into it.................twice  :wacko:

• 4 weeks later...