Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just completed 10,000 miles since July and so car now had intermediate service done by Listers in Cheltenham today. This included brake fluid change and new Battery in remote key plus new wiper blades. They gave  me club discount so total cost was £244. I went for a stroll while it was being done and was surprised to receive a text with a video from the technician. Car has now covered 20000 miles and has nice even tyre wear. There is still 4to5mm on rears and 5to6mm on fronts. 

My GS 250 has done 14k miles on its current set of tyres, and tyre wear is very gradual. Still 4 mm + left on mine all round. The video from the dealer is a nice touch, I first had one last year.

Lucky you! My RX has covered 14k miles and the front tyres only have 3mm left. In contrast, the 2012 did 25k on one set so Im not entirely happy with the OEM bridgestones

3 hours ago, stevet said:

Nice touch. I’ve never seen the underside of any of my cars. Is it all plastic covers for aerodynamics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty much. 

I think the point of it is to show you whats wrong with the car so you trust them more. Lexus Bradford have been doing it for 2 years now all around the car and underside too, brake check, suspension, bla bla bla. 

16 hours ago, rayaans said:

Lucky you! My RX has covered 14k miles and the front tyres only have 3mm left. In contrast, the 2012 did 25k on one set so Im not entirely happy with the OEM bridgestones

My is had Bridgestones and was still on original tyres when sold with 28000 miles. I did get tracking checked on both cars shortly after purchase to ensure everything was OK. 

16 hours ago, olliesgrandad said:

My is had Bridgestones and was still on original tyres when sold with 28000 miles. I did get tracking checked on both cars shortly after purchase to ensure everything was OK. 

Yes the Turanza's on the IS are extremely hard wearing. They're about 5mm at the moment after 14k miles so I don't doubt they could do another 14k with 2mm tread in the end.

The RX has Dueler H/L on. Reasonably quiet but wear extremely quickly compared to the Dunlops

On ‎17‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 11:42 PM, rayaans said:

Pretty much. 

I think the point of it is to show you whats wrong with the car so you trust them more. Lexus Bradford have been doing it for 2 years now all around the car and underside too, brake check, suspension, bla bla bla. 

Off topic, but I wonder if anything will change now Fred from Lexus Stockport has taken over at Lexus Bradford now?

5 hours ago, stevet said:

Off topic, but I wonder if anything will change now Fred from Lexus Stockport has taken over at Lexus Bradford now?

So is Fred leaving Stockport and going to Bradford or staying at both?

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/10/2017 at 10:25 PM, olliesgrandad said:

This included brake fluid change and new battery in remote key plus new wiper blades.

Lexus Cheltenham serviced my GS & I didn't have any of those items replaced not included in the price apparently:sad:  

I recently had the 50,000 mile service with Listers Cheltenham and the changing of remote batteries is shown on their checklist as something that they do every two years / services.

If I had known then I would have given them the credit card sized key that I actually use, rather than the spare set from my desk drawer.