Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Importing A Uk Car Into Europe

Steve

My car is off to a better place... Sweden

Apparently the car has to enter the country with some kind of plates... not sure what plates but does anyone know what needs to happen to the car when importing to Sweden?

I thought the car could be driven in the country with UK plates then registered in sweden.

cheers

My car is off to a better place... Sweden

Apparently the car has to enter the country with some kind of plates... not sure what plates but does anyone know what needs to happen to the car when importing to Sweden?

I thought the car could be driven in the country with UK plates then registered in sweden.

cheers

Could the plates required be 'ZZ' plates that people use to drive cars bought across mainland europe or Republic of Ireland and import them into the UK?

I believe these plates are not required for importing it into the UK but to drive an unregistered car from the EU country you bought it and across other EU countries till you get to your home EU country...hope that makes sense. :whistling:

I could be very wrong but its the only plate I know of that is not a specific national plate.

well the windom drove better than the soarer.

I might get a LS400... Better car than the IS200 .. heck 2 tons and still quicker! LOL

Not to mention the last word in Luxury.....

I think the GS and LS are both great cars (and i loved the new LS at openroad)..

the car will need to be de-registered in the UK before export.

as for plates, i think it needs to be trailered, out of the country,

otherwise drive the car there, and de-register it on arival, you need to de-register the car with the dvla with a permenent export certificate.

i know someone who hs done this, PM me steve i will give you his number, he exported his 5.0 litre TVR chaemera to Germany

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links