Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX Tyres

Not an NX or Cross Climates but out in my GS300 today with Goodyear Vector4Seasons on and it was superb on snow and compacted ice. On summer tyres I'd still be on our side street. Always staring in my mirrors though as it stops so easily.

10 hours ago, javadude said:

Anyone tried their Mitchelin Cross Climates in the snow yet? 

The next few days will be a test for them, only had mine on less than a week and as yet we've had hardly any snow to test them. 

Had 4 cross climates fitted to my sons GT-86 today. Worked fine getting out of the snow covered car park and didn’t feel like the Primacy skis, but later on and twice as much snow it couldn’t get out the driveway. I’ll probably fit them to my NX for next winter.

First day of snow driving on my Cross Climates. I live on a fairly steep hill, so it was a good test. No problems at all, the car drove up the hill on impacted snow/ice with ease. I didn't have a long journey, but at no point did the car lose traction. My wife drove the car later and she was very happy how the car drove . 

On 26/01/2018 at 2:06 PM, First_Lexus said:

I'm going to get a set of the Falken 449 EuroWinters. Had them for my CRV and they were an excellent Winter tyre at a reasonable price.

I already have a spare set of new OEM wheels but will probably now wait until next Autumn to purchase and fit the tyres. Cue 6ft of snow next month...:biggrin:

^^ As it happens, just over a month ago I posted this. I never did get Winter tyres this year, foolishly believing that Spring was 'just around the corner.' Not one of my better decisions...ho hum!

:wallbash:

• Like 1

Heavy snow here today. I had to take my wife to work so gave the cross climates a good run. Brilliant, the grip is amazing. I was still very careful as other cars on the road were sliding all over the place, but I was fine, not once did I lose grip and it took hills without effort.  

There are come mad drivers out there. As I followed a car down a dual carriageway at 20-25 mph another car overtook us at about 40 mph. At a roundabout he pull his brakes on and slid to a stop half way across it. Luckily nothing was coming, but what an idiot. So although I now feel very safe and confident driving in the snow, I will still be wary of other idiots who appear to either be oblivious of the conditions or have a death wish. 

The snow finally came today, So the hospital run was a good test for the new cross climates.

No issues up the hills,  even from standing start,  could feeling them slipping but i was starting to push the pace,  maybe i was getting to confident with them. 

Also ventured out today on the CrossClimates. Never easy to compare new & old tyres of different specs, but was impressed by traction and grip on compacted snow. Definitely a transformation from the OEM Bridgestone Duelers, whose lateral tread pattern disappeared when 60% worn leaving just circumferential grooves. Lexus really ought to think about making the CrossClimates standard fit for the NX.

On 3/1/2018 at 9:26 AM, First_Lexus said:

^^ As it happens, just over a month ago I posted this. I never did get Winter tyres this year, foolishly believing that Spring was 'just around the corner.' Not one of my better decisions...ho hum!

:wallbash:

Ed not sure you'll need winter tyre's with these cross climates unless you do thousands of miles in the snow

Ive still had my summer bridgestones on - no issues

Couldn't even be bothered putting grit out figuring it'll just get covered because the snow was too heavy.

Well I have to say, the Hankook Winter Icept Evo2s performed flawlessly over the last few days.  

When I got them, the reviews were good, then last year the reviews marked them as average but for me, I am happy.

If I went for all seasons then I would go for Michelin Cross Climates but for now I will stick with my summer and winters.

I agree, Hankook Winter Icept Evo2s are excellent winter tyres. If you have them and good summer tyres then you have all the seasons well and truly covered. I think all seasons come into their own if you don't want to have two sets of wheels, or if you live somewhere were snow is rare. 

I agree too that winter tyres are most probably fair better than any all seasons tyres but for me I can't justify the extra cost of two sets. 

The other comment the michelin cross climates are more giving over our lovely pot holed roads compared to my old yokohamas they feel softer over the bumps and quieter

• 3 weeks later...

Having Cross Climates fitted on Thursday. £153 per tyre, sourced and fitted by my friendly local dealer, Lexus Hedge End (Southampton), which I think is pretty good, especially because I'll get a courtesy car (RC300h) for the day, and my car will have been valeted when I pick it up.

Note 1: if you buy tyres from your Lexus dealership, they do not charge for fitting.

Note 2: looks like the Cross Climates are still in high demand. Mine are coming from two different locations with one pair coming from Scotland!

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, DanD said:

Having Cross Climates fitted on Thursday. £153 per tyre, sourced and fitted by my friendly local dealer, Lexus Hedge End (Southampton), which I think is pretty good, especially because I'll get a courtesy car (RC300h) for the day, and my car will have been valeted when I pick it up.

Note 1: if you buy tyres from your Lexus dealership, they do not charge for fitting.

Note 2: looks like the Cross Climates are still in high demand. Mine are coming from two different locations with one pair coming from Scotland!

That's a good price for what's included,  especially if you get a it valeted too. It'll take them longer to valet than to fit the tyres. 

Tyres are now fitted. What a difference from the Yokohama's. Much quieter, and much more compliant. I think the Cross Climates and the ride of the F-Sport make for a near perfect combination.

• 2 weeks later...

It'd been nearly three months now since I had Michelin Cross Climates fitted. Since then I have driven in a lot of snow, ice and very wet conditions and I am very happy with them. They are a lot quieter, a bit smoother, and the grip is superb. I highly recommend these tyres as an alternative to having to change from summer to winter tyres each winter. The cost was more than replacing my Yokohama's, but only by about £100 in total, and worth every penny. 

On 4/12/2018 at 8:39 PM, Goggy said:

It'd been nearly three months now since I had Michelin Cross Climates fitted. Since then I have driven in a lot of snow, ice and very wet conditions and I am very happy with them. They are a lot quieter, a bit smoother, and the grip is superb. I highly recommend these tyres as an alternative to having to change from summer to winter tyres each winter. The cost was more than replacing my Yokohama's, but only by about £100 in total, and worth every penny. 

Could not agree more. Recent long cross-country drive in heavy rain made me appreciate the outstanding wet weather grip. Make them original equipment on the NX, Lexus.

I have to say I'm very pleased with them too. Definitely recommended. If you can get hold of them.

• 4 years later...