Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have them on my CT,personally i like the look but opinions differ.They do reduce buffeting when the window is open and wind noise is not noticeably louder.Mine are made by Heko they slide into the window channel held by clips. 

• Like 1

The thing that annoys me, and it's not just Lexus, is that if I have my window slightly open when it's raining water runs off the roof and into the car. And the beautifully designed GS interior means it runs straight onto the window controls! I'm thinking that maybe the wind deflectors may stop this?

• Like 1

Had factory fitted Toyota deflectors fitted on my Aristo fitted with double sided foam & retaining clips
Ideal when I was a smoker & when raining just to have the windows down a little, enough to let the smoke out & keep the rain out.

Great for clearing steamy Windows on the inside when having a full car of bodies that have been out in the rain.

(Look stupid)------not in my eyes

ad9350a342d841cfe6b5e017d116c99f.jpg33ecaddaec51cf9b6fe0066f30aa0e25.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, Ala Larj said:

The thing that annoys me, and it's not just Lexus, is that if I have my window slightly open when it's raining water runs off the roof and into the car. And the beautifully designed GS interior means it runs straight onto the window controls! I'm thinking that maybe the wind deflectors may stop this?

Spot on there Alan, why o why do they do it. I end up soaked as keep wiping water off door controls on go my jeans lol

• Like 1

I had them on my Prius, and they worked well keeping the rain from running onto the door switches, and arm rest.

I found the downside was that although in theory they are see through in practice they are not. So the thickness of the screen pillar was increased along with the blind spot so produced.

John.

5 hours ago, Britprius said:

I found the downside was that although in theory they are see through in practice they are not. So the thickness of the screen pillar was increased along with the blind spot so produced.

John.

That's interesting John. How far do they stick out from the side of the car?

17 hours ago, rock on said:

Had factory fitted Toyota deflectors fitted on my Aristo fitted with double sided foam & retaining clips
Ideal when I was a smoker & when raining just to have the windows down a little, enough to let the smoke out & keep the rain out.

Great for clearing steamy Windows on the inside when having a full car of bodies that have been out in the rain.

(Look stupid)------not in my eyes

ad9350a342d841cfe6b5e017d116c99f.jpg33ecaddaec51cf9b6fe0066f30aa0e25.jpg

Interesting that they sit over the B pillar. I was hoping they'd sit between the pillars.

1 minute ago, Ala Larj said:

That's interesting John. How far do they stick out from the side of the car?

They stick out about 2 inches, but come back from the pillar about 3 inches. They are usually smoked, and this adds to the amount of visual impact [lus you are not locking directly through them but at an angle.

John

Interesting that they sit over the B pillar. I was hoping they'd sit between the pillars.
Here's a pic of there position they sit at after I removed mine

629fd1d053c92dec69213671f7abfcf2.jpg

Um, didn't realise that they are semi permanent. I was hoping they just clipped on!
The Toyota ones are firmly placed on with double sided foam as you can see with what was left when I removed them, & numerous clips there also a smoked colour & not really dark.