Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

CT200h and TomTom Live Services

robfg

Hi, just bought a used CT200H 13 plate, liking the car so far but having a real problem with signing up to use TomTom Live services using the inbuilt SatNav.  I've used Live Services previously on other devices without any issues so know the ropes.  I've created an account (on TomTom) but when I try to log into that account (on the device in the car) I simply get a userid\password error.  I'm sure the details I'm using are correct, I can use the same details on the site no problems.  If I reset the device I get a "grace period" which gives me access to the services for approx. 10 days, so the SIM card is OK and online.

Firstly I wanted to know if people are using Live Services OK (in the UK) - I'm assuming people are.

Secondly, if you are using the services OK, how did you sign up?  Did you create an account in TomTom and link to this?  Did you sign up through the TomTom device in your car?

Third, assuming you've got this working OK, is there anything "odd" about the username and password you used?  Any characters you avoided?  E-mail providers that have failed, worked?

I've spoken with TomTom and so far drawn a blank (still working with them), but any experience you can share would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Eh?

Didn't know you could use Tom Tom Live on in built sat nav!  This would be sooooooo much better than the standard.  Really don't have any assurance when my sat nav decides to re route me...  

Tell me how it's done please.

You use lexus connected services live traffic. Which I understand to be supplied by tomtom.

Without your phone it comes over rds but can be half hour out of date. Connect phone and you can adjust how often it checks for updates.

Might vary across cars and grades of course.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Hi Scoops1964, the version I bought has a TomTom device built into the car, it’s not touch screen or anything and has the older DAB Radio in the console. I’m not too familiar with the ranges TBH, so not sure on the specs available. But it does look like it replaces what would be a storage are on the dash. Being a TomTom device it supports Live traffic, the car also has a SIM card built in by the looks of things. 

Hi Comedian, many thanks for the reply.

Can’t create a my Lexus connection yet until I have V5, so quick couple of questions if you don’t mind?

I’m slightly confused why I’d need a my Lexus account, are you suggesting that the username and password TomTom is verifying is the my Lexus account details?  So I’d login to TomTom using the my Lexus credentials?

Do you also need an account on a TomTom with the exact same credentials as my Lexus, as that’s where the Live service subscription will be held?

The my Lexus makes sense as the “courtesy period” I’m running with currently is identified as anonymous and it must use the inbuilt sim to identify the car. 

Thanks again

I had a CT advance with the built in tom tom. It is basically a tom tom fixed to the dash. There is a memory card that stores the map data but to my knowledge no mobile SIM card. I did not use live services but could take the memory card out and update the maps on my computer via the tom tom web site. It has nothing to do with the Lexus portal.

I remember there were live services like traffic info but not sure how it got the information. Is it from your phone via Bluetooth?

The Pre facelift CT advance was the only model to use the built in tom tom. Which is a pity as it is better than the Lexus offering and you could change the voice to Wallace and Grommet!

http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/Lexus_CT_MoveOn_NAVI/refman/Lexus%20MoveOn%20Navi_en-GB.pdf

Have you got the manual? You need to subscribe via the tom tom web site to live services. The tom tom has nothing to do with the car computer. Its like a tom tom stuck to the windscreen with a remote control put on the centre console. It's called the Lexus MoveOn navi. A search should bring up more information.

Hope that helps.