Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS250 Manual DMF

ChilasPT

so, it's time for me to change the clutch on our IS250, the biting point is really hight, and it is juddering when pulling off, (the only way it doesnt judder is if we rev it a bit, but that wears the clutch out faster)

I am thinking of getting a DMF as well getting one of the local Indies to replace the DMF and Clutch at the same time, Found this one online - LuK 415048710 which I believe is the right one for the Lexus,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volante-motor-luk-zms-LuK-415048710-/282480330969?

(The only reason I'm thinking of doing both is because I can get it online for about 550 pounds, which seems unexpensive compared to other options).

might as well replace both while they are at it :)

what would you guys do if you had to replace your clutch? (and perhaps DMF?) 

Has anyone tried refurbed DMF's? where from?

Thanks,

Erick

I had juddering on mine when moving off.

Turns out it was my flywheel that was worn.

I obviously had the clutch changed at the same time.  I think it is worth doing both if you plan to keep the car for a while considering the labour involved with replacing it.

£550 is a very good price.  I couldn't find one for less than £900 when I was looking.  Luckily Lexus paid for it in the end :smile:

Having said that, it depends on how many miles your car has?  Mine was on 109k, so the flywheel was pretty worn.  If the person doing the job is willing to wait, you could always get the old flywheel out and have a look before deciding to get a replacement?

I had juddering on mine when moving off.
Turns out it was my flywheel that was worn.
I obviously had the clutch changed at the same time.  I think it is worth doing both if you plan to keep the car for a while considering the labour involved with replacing it.
£550 is a very good price.  I couldn't find one for less than £900 when I was looking.  Luckily Lexus paid for it in the end [emoji2]
Having said that, it depends on how many miles your car has?  Mine was on 109k, so the flywheel was pretty worn.  If the person doing the job is willing to wait, you could always get the old flywheel out and have a look before deciding to get a replacement?
Haven't spoken to the local indies yet, that is something I will do this week, I found it to be a good price as well! Gonna sort it out!

I've got 73k miles

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

My is220d is in next week for release bearing replacement (under extended warranty) the DMF will be inspected and replaced at the same time if required (under extended warranty) I am paying for the clutch plates to be changed (£350) - Not bad deal under the extended warranty scheme me thinks.......

So, heard from my local indie, around 280+vat for the labour, so that would be a total of around 1.2k for the clutch + flywheel,

problem is the LUK kit doesnt come with the bolts, so I have to find part numbers for those! still beats the lexus quote by around 500k+vat

Will put the PN of the bolts once I find them in case someone else needs them.

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your IS, hope you get sorted without too much of a dent in your wallet.

Eheh thanks[emoji106] I can live with the dmf judder when pulling off and so can my wife, may just get a clutch kit and leave the old dmf, we still haven't decided

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk