Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Face Lift dfferences

Hi guys I am soon to be looking for an ISF, now have my hearts set on an azure blue one preferably with black leather not the ivory, now what i want to know is holding out for a 2010 onward face lift worth it? as far as im aware the main differences are the mechanical LSD slightly softer suspension, dials and the black surround on the dash? am i Missing anything?

As far as I’m aware, the LSD won’t make much of a difference, the suspension gets progressively softer year by year (although it’s still a hard riding car), the dials are only different on 2013 cars. What black surround are you referring to? 

Buy on condition. 

9 hours ago, essexgt4 said:

I took that car for a test drive when looking for "the one. Nothing wrong with it - just felt overpriced at the time. That was over 6 months ago and they've knocked a few grand off since then. However I think its been for sale for almost/over a year so they may accept a cheeky offer!

1 hour ago, Dave400SE said:

I took that car for a test drive when looking for "the one. Nothing wrong with it - just felt overpriced at the time. That was over 6 months ago and they've knocked a few grand off since then. However I think its been for sale for almost/over a year so they may accept a cheeky offer!

I was going to say that looking at the photographs they were taken last winter.

They didn't change everything at the same time, mine was a 2011 car and came with the LSD and blue bottomed steering wheel, full post code nav and hard drive yet it didn't have the new clocks, however the 2011 model I test drove did have the new clocks, just check each car you look at.

13 hours ago, stevet said:

I was going to say that looking at the photographs they were taken last winter.

I noticed this one when I started 'researching' the ISF. I think it way near £24k then?

I have a late 2011 with the large rev counter, revised suspension, DRL’s, LSD, sport button on blue panel steering wheel, full postcode sat nav etc. Also saw similar car registered in 04/2011 and another member confirmed his was an earlier 2011 when this came up previously. 

2010 model with Mechanical LSD has blue panel steering wheel with original equally sized rev counter/speedo. There seems to be some overlap probably depending on when they were registered.

I was also originally after the blue/ black leather, but they are very rare as pointed out above. Mostly tend to come up with the white leather. Good luck with the search though they are a great car👍🏻

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@DAW I know someone who has a blue black interior going spare it will need some sorting if you were of a mind to some swapping and fettling to get it done.

Big Rat

Actually now I have the white I love it as much as the blue & with only one previous owner with only 12k on the clock currently I would be made to change it!. Kept an eye on them for about 3 yrs before test driving one at Cheltenham and then another year before my one came up so no intention of  changing for another ISF 😉 

• Like 1

@DAW Like you i looked for a fair old time, Ive never kept a car this long, it’s a great ownership enjoyment factor.... reliability 😉

As well as the other plus points obviously, performance build quality and so on, done nearly 500 miles in the last week 😊

🐀

19 hours ago, Big Rat said:

@DAW Like you i looked for a fair old time, Ive never kept a car this long, it’s a great ownership enjoyment factor.... reliability 😉

As well as the other plus points obviously, performance build quality and so on, done nearly 500 miles in the last week 😊

🐀

Same for me, the last time I kept a car this long was my Supra funnily enough.

I really do need to drive it more tbo but the 4 seats tends to limit that unfortunately ☹️

30 minutes ago, DAW said:

Same for me, the last time I kept a car this long was my Supra funnily enough.

I really do need to drive it more tbo but the 4 seats tends to limit that unfortunately ☹️

I loved my TT 6 sp in red. Biggest mistake I ever made was trading it a number of years ago for 5500. 

Back to the the topic though and the blue bit on the steering wheel, how come there are some with red bits? 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, mike m said:

I loved my TT 6 sp in red. Biggest mistake I ever made was trading it a number of years ago for 5500. 

Back to the the topic though and the blue bit on the steering wheel, how come there are some with red bits? 

I didn’t think the red panel / red leather was an option for uk cars?.  Shame because I’m a fan of that combo.

@DAW You are right David New Zealand dealers did a limited edition ‘Red’ is-F I believe there were 10 and of course right hand drive, the red interior was available in many markets but not us....typical as I for one would have had it with a Grey exterior.

Oh and here is some pics......

23864D44-F951-4658-9584-8A0269E0738D.jpeg.0bddcd4a17bf9f931e40449d23eb3854.jpeg40064402-8A9F-4D00-A455-F3DED167B8A9.jpeg.844050987275689378cec2e304f6a80a.jpeg

Big Rat

• Like 2

9 hours ago, mike m said:

I loved my TT 6 sp in red. Biggest mistake I ever made was trading it a number of years ago for 5500

I bought my UK 6 Speed Supra in 2001 and still have it and can't see me ever parting with it.

It's the first car I've ever had that is now starting to go up in value :laugh:

27 minutes ago, Martin F said:

I bought my UK 6 Speed Supra in 2001 and still have it and can't see me ever parting with it.

It's the first car I've ever had that is now starting to go up in value :laugh:

That's good going, I wouldn't either after 16 years. Mine was a j spec 1993 RZ 6sp and they seem to be going for around 20k these days. You know for not having the same power as the ISF they are quick cars. I remember someone on the mkiv forum on about their GPS indicated 196 leptons running BPU. I know mine running 1.0bar pulled hard in 6th after topping out 5th on a private road.:laugh:

On 25/10/2017 at 5:17 PM, Big Rat said:

@DAW You are right David New Zealand dealers did a limited edition ‘Red’ is-F I believe there were 10 and of course right hand drive, the red interior was available in many markets but not us....typical as I for one would have had it with a Grey exterior.

Oh and here is some pics......

23864D44-F951-4658-9584-8A0269E0738D.jpeg.0bddcd4a17bf9f931e40449d23eb3854.jpeg40064402-8A9F-4D00-A455-F3DED167B8A9.jpeg.844050987275689378cec2e304f6a80a.jpeg

Big Rat

Very nice - reminds me of the red leather Recaros I had in my S4. Red always made it feel like an event when getting into them!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links