Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Suspension roll-bar options in the UK?

el_bandido

I'm considering the following set up for my IS250:

Koni FSD shocks, Eibach pro springs and a set of F-sport anti-roll bars. Does anyone have any idea where I can get this stuff in the UK? I've only managed to find the springs in stock here, everything else has to come from the USA. I'd also be open to other ideas about anti-roll bars, as the F-sports seems to be a US only item. 

Any help or suggestions is appreciated. 

Breakers in UK. 

Anti-roll bar is standard on all F-Sports UK ( same as US). However, unlike in US, Lexus UK does not sell anti-roll bars for retrofitting etc. You can potentially convince the guy in Lexus dealership to order it for you, but you won't find them for sale via normal channels. 

None of the UK models came with the uprated F-sport anti-roll bars as far as I can work out; it would be pointless looking for a breaker. The F-sport was basically a trim level in the UK, you got different wheels, a body kit and a few badges. Looks like my only option is to order some from Lexus USA (or find a US breaker).

It looks as if whiteline adjustable ones would be a good substitute, plus I could do a (minimal) amount of tweaking to suit the driving style. 

As far as I know UK F-Sport definitely had stiffer anti-roll bar. Not sure what you mean by "upgraded" - I guess it might be some sort of aftermarket anti-roll bar which is the thing US dealers sells, they had like HKS SS exhaust which was F-Sport branded, maybe roll bar as well. As far as I know these are non-genuine Lexus parts, but rather some sort of arrangement US dealers had with performance parts manufacturers.

That said, you right - there are no such thing in UK, but standard F-Sport anti-roll bar would still be stiffer than one in SE or SE-L ... even in UK. I am not sure if that justifies the cost and struggle to get it... Finally, treat what I said with some reservation - my comparison is based between 2012 EU spec. F-Sport, and 2008 UK spec. SE-L. The F-sport had noticeably thicker and stiffer anti-roll bar in the front, does it applies to UK cars... maybe...

By upgraded, I mean the F-sport option roll bars that were available to the USA dealerships. They were blue I think and considerably stiffer than standard. 

That's interesting, I'd expect there to be different part numbers then. I know the IS350 roll bars differ in stiffness to the IS250, hadn't seen any evidence that the f-sport in the UK came with different roll bars though. Anyone got a list of part numbers from the 250? 

Yes... I guess we getting to the bottom of it - the option roll was was exactly what I have explained before - it was not Lexus OE, but some sort of third party product offered by US dealers. My F-Sport anti-roll bar was black, just thicker and stiffer.

I believe the anti-roll bars on an F-Sport model are just the same as any other "normal" IS250. Only the springs and shocks are upgraded. Plus the power steering ECU is also a different unit and provides a heavier/stiffer feel.

For an upgrade you'll probably have to import one of the aftermarket options (Cusco, Megan or the blue F-Sport ones)...OR, find a set in a breakers that came from an IS-F as they are stiffer and a larger diameter than those on a V6 IS. Probably a bit of a long shot that one though...

• 1 year later...