Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bargain mk IV on AutoTrader

Hi All, not a LS400 owner but one day would like to scratch a persistent itch so I still have my AutoTrader notification running and lurk here sometimes! Anyway spotted what looks to be a suspiciously mega bargain late Mk4 on AT. Under 100k miles, 1 owner and £995!

The MOT history says in has a no MOT, which is at odds with the ad but it could be the private plate. I was just wondering if people on here had seen this one before? 

LS400

• Like 1

It should come up private plate or not. Try tapping the number in to a car parts website and see if it returns...my private plate shows up ok.

Or it’s not the correct plate to stop a check...sounds difficult to do that though.

I looked at it last night and thought do I want a second, just in case I screw the ECU Capacitors?  Other than the error on MOT it looks a bargain and I also think it could be genuine by seeing the "old boy" with his walking stick standing by the side of it.  What does it need doing for the MOT?  Probably needs some expensive parts and a Cam belt change might be timely.  Its a peanuts price

It is 102miles away from me. This is probably a good thing as far as my wife is concerned! I think it is a lovely colour combo and looks a steal. Even the alloys look ok. Hope someone on here gets it bought and reports back!

38 minutes ago, SlowV6 said:

It is 102miles away from me.

Its already been sold I think, just clicked it &it did not come up, instead it says "No longer available".......maybe someone on here, hands up:whip:

I really hope not!

For those who didn't see it it was green with cream interior. Genuine cream lexus floormats in the rear but replacement (cheap) black ones in the front. It also had two little black plastic tabs above the rear number plate (no idea what they were). Finally it also had unusually neat alloys (i.e. not discoloured) and rear parking sensors.

That should be enough to identify it along with the unusually low 98,000 miles.

58 minutes ago, SlowV6 said:

It also had two little black plastic tabs above the rear number plate (no idea what they were).

Awww........a car only gets them when it's been blessed by the Fairies overnight, they are quite rare.

• Like 1

Luckily for you guys I picked it up!!!

I can confirm it's a real real bargain, 2 owners, brothers in law from new, current owner had since 2000.

I'll be making a thread on it myself soon

Just to notify the things on the rear numberplate are some extra lights for some bizarre reason put on by the original owner (who has unfortunately now passed) so no definitive answer given.
e194d71ded2261037750bd6e1c829a31.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Utter utter bargain. You lucky thing!! That is a £2k+ car all day every day.

Go on rub it in! Might as well tell us that the timing belt and water pump has been done at a main dealer just recently to go with the 19yrs of main dealer stamps.

4 brand new premium tyres?

Bonnet and boot struts all brand new!?

Why does this never happen in Dorset........

Utter utter bargain. You lucky thing!! That is a £2k+ car all day every day.

Go on rub it in! Might as well tell us that the timing belt and water pump has been done at a main dealer just recently to go with the 19yrs of main dealer stamps.

4 brand new premium tyres?

Bonnet and boot struts all brand new!?

Why does this never happen in Dorset........

Yeah I'm aware I've got incredibly lucky and know it is worth quite a fair amount more, couldn't be happier with it to be fair. I did want black interior but the condition of this one is fantastic.

He recently had 2 new keys made up at Lexus for around £410, cambelt was done may 2016 by Lexus aswell at a fair cost too.

I feel I may be rubbing some salt in at the moment but I'm too happy to care;p. Might I add it was still a 2 and half hour journey setting off at 6 30! Lol

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Correction; it's not a £2K car. £2K is cheap car land. Just because our stupid set-up in UK accepts 20% p.a. depreciation (a con to keep car industry afloat) doesn't mean that this car is 'worth' £2K! More like £10K-£15K? Where else would you get such QUALITY?

In Europe, cars like this keep their value; quality costs! After all, £2K would only replace the front bushes and drop links......

I'd have snapped it up out of nostalgia if I hadn't gone to only wanting a small car-in fact, to only ONE car!

(My hi-fi amp set-up is more than £2K!)