Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

So a few of you may remember me asking questions a few weeks back about mk4 400's.

I'm now pleased to say I've officially joined the club ^.^

Over the past few days I've been in a position to buy one and had planned to do a 3 hour trip to visit one to hopefully bring home. Whilst checking the route with the father he noticed that another one had just been listed (turns out it had been listed late the previous evening) it was on the way and we decided to give them a ring on the way down.

Once we were there the current owner explained that his brother in law had brought it new back in late 97 and took delivery jan 98. He bought it off his brother in law a few years later and has had it since. Was selling due to getting a new car and no longer using it as much. Stacks of paperwork, two new keys made at Lexus for over 400, timing belt done june 2016 also. Bonnet struts replaced all sorts of good upkeep history

I have attached a few pictures for you guys to look at. It needs some tlc round the edges but overall is a solid car.

Glad to officially have joined :)
b15a5f87bbee980c439d075fa7aef2bf.jpge18214de8c6ead59ad79da3254bfbe01.jpg6d0ffd9c6591225940e22021997b95b5.jpg5b0a428cef9427b267b6f9104ae1018f.jpg2f5edbc0f367a1e7e6bd7466fb2089e4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Connor2x4 said:

I just checked the mot history, there is no rust or corrosion underneath it, seems to me an excellent buy

@cornershop thank you :) ideally it needs painting in the corners and a full polish but bodywork is excellent for age

I just checked the mot history, there is no rust or corrosion underneath it, seems to me an excellent buy
Yes I saw the previous histories too, pretty much all gleaming. I have it in the garage and it's being mot'd in the morning so will see if a different garage has anything to report, I'm hoping not but I know my garage is rather picky so if there is anything I'm sure they'll find it. Still a bargain either way!!

Even though I've given up driving-maybe because?- I DO like that. They are such seductive cars. Restrained in looks, but such quality. Effortless ride and power. You feel safe and relaxed in the LS. Thanks for reminding me.

Now you just need to live in Andalucia, where roads aren't clogged!

This is the Car we've been discussing under the thread title

Bargain mk IV on AutoTrader

It doesn't have an MOT unless you've already had it passed? 
I took it straight to my garage for an mot, the reason it hasn't been wasn't anything sinister, it was an elderly owner who didn't take it out much anymore and had forgotten.

The previous history suggests that it'll fly through so will let you know the result when I receive a call today

Thank you to everyone else who's commented, it cost me a grand total of £950, a real bargain

£950 blimey, it's a steal........  well done...............  better than a lottery ticket ( usually )

One could happily spend a further couple of grand£££ on that car and not feel upset. She will last you for ever if you wanted I'm sure.

Well done once again

Malc

Wow - That is a bargain - enjoy!

Another Mark 4 has been listed on Autotrader with 110k on the clock with a reduced asking price of £3995! (originally £4495) - must admit it does look good in the pictures

4 hours ago, cruisermark said:

Wow - That is a bargain - enjoy!

Another Mark 4 has been listed on Autotrader with 110k on the clock with a reduced asking price of £3995! (originally £4495) - must admit it does look good in the pictures

Looks like the ‘old Baz’ car that was on C&C a few months ago.  Pretty sure it was last listed then for 3k

20 hours ago, Connor2x4 said:

So a few of you may remember me asking questions a few weeks back about mk4 400's.

I'm now pleased to say I've officially joined the club ^.^

Over the past few days I've been in a position to buy one and had planned to do a 3 hour trip to visit one to hopefully bring home. Whilst checking the route with the father he noticed that another one had just been listed (turns out it had been listed late the previous evening) it was on the way and we decided to give them a ring on the way down.

Once we were there the current owner explained that his brother in law had brought it new back in late 97 and took delivery jan 98. He bought it off his brother in law a few years later and has had it since. Was selling due to getting a new car and no longer using it as much. Stacks of paperwork, two new keys made at Lexus for over 400, timing belt done june 2016 also. Bonnet struts replaced all sorts of good upkeep history

I have attached a few pictures for you guys to look at. It needs some tlc round the edges but overall is a solid car.

b15a5f87bbee980c439d075fa7aef2bf.jpge18214de8c6ead59ad79da3254bfbe01.jpg6d0ffd9c6591225940e22021997b95b5.jpg5b0a428cef9427b267b6f9104ae1018f.jpg2f5edbc0f367a1e7e6bd7466fb2089e4.jpg

Same colour as mine and it does look the business after it's been washed and polished. I saw the car you bought was for sale and I nearly rung the guy and bought the car for myself but I have no garage at present. That is, without doubt, the best deal on an LS400 I have seen. Well done. Mike 

Thank you all for your lovely comments!

Car has passed it's mot, and as previously stated my garage have been quite fussy with it, so lots of advisories.

All in all though I'm happy that it's passed and everything that is down as an advisory should be able to be fixed or at least updated to keep it running for another 20 years!

The paintwork could do with repainting on a couple of corners and there's a few blemishes here and there. Overall it needs a full polish and wax, something that I should be able to complete on Sunday. Along with a good hoovering and dose of leather cleaner.

• Like 1

If you offered that to me for less than 1K you'd never drive again because I'd have bitten your arm off!  What a bargain, and what a lovely colour.  Well done you!

Thank you :)

Everything's all rolling now and got a picture of it last night looking quite content with itself 383ae2c3a42a9bbba9f7e0d2efd7ca59.jpg

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Connor2x4 said:

Thank you :)

Everything's all rolling now and got a picture of it last night looking quite content with itself 383ae2c3a42a9bbba9f7e0d2efd7ca59.jpg

An absolute Peach Sir, many congratulations upon her acquisition. Better use wide Bays only from now on .!

An absolute Peach Sir, many congratulations upon her acquisition. Better use wide Bays only from now on .!
I've come from a celica to it so definitely a size difference!

Definitely keeping out the way as much as possible from now 64204c47ef02b22e0e4e5642d49a6b74.jpg