Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

call me " All " ..............  check out the directors names first too

you might be sitting on a small fortune

My old now decd Mk2 had BCA3 on it prior to my purchase ........   the garage i bought it from sold that ( for £8500 I  believe ) to the BCA Group

Malc

I have very much been enjoying the car, everyone sneered when I said I wanted one but after taking them out for a spin in it they can't believe how good it is! Looks like I'm having the last laugh [emoji6]

I was thinking of selling the plate to businesses to fund a new one. I was thinking of buying one that has potential resale value, but one is also available at half the price that is L400 with my initials. I did want a smaller digit plate just because I feel it's 'cleaner' and looks alot nicer but the one with my initials on is also tempting. Now unsure which way to go :(

As for the rest of the car I have bought some clear indicators for the side to get rid of that yolk style one on the wing, to bring it more up to date without removing anything from it's aesthetic.
Also the whole inside has been treated to a good Hoover (many foxes glacier mints are Found!) And a full wipe down of the leather, door cards and an aircon refresh. The car smells much nicer on the inside and just feels a nicer place to be. Although in fairness it could do with a proper wetvac on the inside.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Connor2x4 said:

I have very much been enjoying the car, everyone sneered when I said I wanted one but after taking them out for a spin in it they can't believe how good it is! Looks like I'm having the last laugh emoji6.png

I t hink there is many a forum member who has similar experience.  I converted 3 mates with a quick drive, they all love their LS tanks.

What was their thinking behind that? age or something else?
I'm 22 so all of mates are of a similar age and just didn't think it would suit. A quick boot in the v8 armchair changed their mind [emoji2] lol.

Some have looked at a few themselves now

5 minutes ago, Connor2x4 said:

Some have looked at a few themselves now

If people don't know the LS range some think it's a new lexus model, I been asked that a couple of times

11 hours ago, Connor2x4 said:

. The car smells much nicer on the inside and just feels a nicer place to be. Although in fairness it could do with a proper wetvac on the inside.

Thats it, you give it a good inside clean.  Here's how

Thats it, you give it a good inside clean.  Here's how

Poor merc! That won't be happening here lol.

My only complaint at the moment is that the front 12v socket and drivers rear one doesn't work. Only the rear passenger. Fuses are fine. I've read elsewhere on the forums that the cause may be a small wire on the inside of the lighter. Is this an easy job? Or more hassle than it's worth

Not too difficult.  Its because it has an internal fuse ring if I remember. They blow if you use an air pump through it.  I took mine apart and removed the internal part, but I am very cautious using the socket as it needs be tightened to stop the internal part rotating and possibly touching the negative.  I just don't twist when removing the plug in.  There is a utube video on it I beleive.

Not too difficult.  Its because it has an internal fuse ring if I remember. They blow if you use an air pump through it.  I took mine apart and removed the internal part, but I am very cautious using the socket as it needs be tightened to stop the internal part rotating and possibly touching the negative.  I just don't twist when removing the plug in.  There is a utube video on it I beleive.
Is it an easy job? I'm pretty hand with stuff like this but will I need solder or just some electrical tape and spare wire?

TIA

2 hours ago, Connor2x4 said:

Is it an easy job? I'm pretty hand with stuff like this but will I need solder or just some electrical tape and spare wire?

TIA

From memory its a bullet positive connector that when you've removed the Ash Tray and the unit, easily diconnects. Its just the centre post  that holds the part together with a nut beneath.  Check a thread for replacing the Radio to see how to pry out the Ash tray.   no soldering or tape needed

3 hours ago, Connor2x4 said:

My only complaint at the moment is that the front 12v socket and drivers rear one doesn't work.

I've never smoked but I've left the rear cigarette lighter as it is in my RX300 for using a 12V compressor or whatever, but I changed the front one to a dual USB socket

usb.jpg.3b7424a3e2f3ee1fb7f0293a3b32b7ba.jpg

Thanks Eamonn, but I can't really take much credit for it as it's such an easy job. It's simply a straight-forward one-for-one swap with no drilling or anything else to do. Lighter comes out, USB socket goes in the same hole with no adjustment necessary, wires on and Robert is your mother's brother :biggrin:

Thanks Eamonn, but I can't really take much credit for it as it's such an easy job. It's simply a straight-forward one-for-one swap with no drilling or anything else to do. Lighter comes out, USB socket goes in the same hole with no adjustment necessary, wires on and Robert is your mother's brother [emoji3]
Looks very nice but no use untill I have sorted the socket itself! Lol.
How well does it charge phones?

12 minutes ago, Connor2x4 said:

Looks very nice but no use untill I have sorted the socket itself! Lol.
How well does it charge phones?

Well you said that the fuses are alright and ok, it could be the wiring but that's unlikely, which only leaves the socket itself - replace it with one of these and problem most likely solved  :biggrin:

It charges phones very well. 'Normal' USB output is 500mA to 1.0A, but each of those sockets provides 2.1A so charging is much quicker.

1 hour ago, sorcerer said:

Well you said that the fuses are alright and ok, it could be the wiring but that's unlikely, which only leaves the socket itself - replace it with one of these and problem most likely solved  :biggrin:

It charges phones very well. 'Normal' USB output is 500mA to 1.0A, but each of those sockets provides 2.1A so charging is much quicker.

Ah so it completely replaces the socket rather than plugging in to it I see. I will still repair the original as the back one needs doing as well anyway. Thanks for your input :)