Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cruise Control Current Set Speed - 2008 GS450h

Hi

I have a 2008 GS450h. It notice that when cruise control is set that there does not seem to be a display of what the currently set speed is ?

Cruise works fine, the "cruise" message comes on and off as it should. But I thought I should see a speed display on dash 

I do have this feature. The set speed appears in the top right corner of the display in the speedo.

I’m not sure but it could be the presence of visible set speed is linked to having ACC (radar cruise)?

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

All my previous cruise cars (at least 40 odd) have shown cruise speed, so you know what your resuming to if you knocked it off but it remains set.

I have the radar cruise in the gs, as it's an early se-l (so standard fit), think it shows the speed, but will have to check as can't recall for certain.

Seems odd to me to, if it's not being shown for op motor, especially if has a resume feature. But then there a few oddities with the gs that break the norm vs all other cars I've had (no bulb out warnings, no pad warning lights (just the noise piece), ball joints not on Trac rod ends, no soft close doors etc)

My last car had cruise but didnt show what it was set to, so the GS isn't that unusual.

I see your point about resuming cruise without knowing what it's set to. I'm already in the habit of resetting it most times it's enabled, so it's not an issue.

16 hours ago, cortinas said:

Hi

I have a 2008 GS450h. It notice that when cruise control is set that there does not seem to be a display of what the currently set speed is ?

Cruise works fine, the "cruise" message comes on and off as it should. But I thought I should see a speed display on dash 

Hi @cortinas,

My IS250 is from a similar era and merely has the 'cruise' caption that lights up when on, but no indication of what speed you've set it to after having cancelled it. I think the display of the set speed comes with the radar cruise option. Certainly the RX300 loaner (with radar adaptive cruise) I had while having the airbag recall done displayed the set speed.

Andrew

23 hours ago, Farqui said:

Why would you want to see a duplication of what the speedo reads?

Have you seen this 'feature' somewhere else?

What makes you wonder why the Lexus doesn't have it?

Its usually handy when you have slowed down and want to hit resume...

Most other cars I've had in the past had been like this. Wife has a Rav4 which does have it.

Saw it the owners manual - but it might be just for the radar version....

Screen Shot 2017-10-29 at 20.44.59.png

• Like 1

Honda got the same approach. My previous Accord with adaptive cruise control was showing me the speed and indicating the presence of the car in front. Versions with standard cruise control were showing anything extra. Lexus got it on the same way so maybe it is some Japanese custom :)

My 450 is a 2007. It may be different.

At the bottom of the speedo binnacle is a little display panel. This has a number of screens of information and the display button on the rhs of the steering wheel cycles though these screens. When cruise is enabled this screen changes to "radar ready" and when a speed is selected this speed is displayed. Even if the radar slows the car the selected speed remains and car will return to this when it can. Pressing the display button will still cycle through the other screens but the display will revert to the radar display after a short time.

Don't other years work like this?

John